Entry Level Analog or a Digital Mixer?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Entry Level Analog or a Digital Mixer?

Hey Guys,

I've got about 250 dollars to spend and I'm looking for a mixer. Right now I'm using an X session pro to control the internal TP mixer. Would I be better off with an A&H Xone 22 or just keep using my X Session Pro? I'm going to be using this with two midi fighters.

Thanks!

Tech Wizard

bump

what sorta thing you lookin for? features?

what sorta features were you looking for?

Tech Mentor

Analog all the way

Tech Wizard

I'm not looking for anything really feature packed.

I still want to use the Fx banks of Traktor, so basically I'm going to be looking for tempo faders, Volume faders, X-fader, and the EQs.

Using the X-Session Pro I get all of these things but I don't think that the X-fader of the X-session is very responsive so it's kind of a drag to use.

I'm thinking of getting the Allen and Heath Xone 22--I'd still be routing my DJ Audio 2 into the Allen and Heath

Midi controllers generally feel horrid even in comparison to the cheapest of mixers. It's certainly worth getting a real mixer. The xone 22 is a good mixer though I'm pretty sure it's more than $250.

Personally I like numarks current range of entry level mixers. They are completely fine for a bedroom DJ looking for control over EQ, cueing and levels.

This could be a handy article for you. http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/12/1...gle-out-there/

Tech Wizard

Awesome, well the Xone 22 is at 239, in a store I found in town so I was pretty excited about that. I'm actually going to be using it for gigs, do you think I could get by with the Xone 22?

I'm kind of worried that the difference won't be as drastic as I want it to be.

thanks for the input though!

The X-session should be plenty fine for practice, but if your going to get a new mixer you might as well upgrade to a high end or mid-range mixer instead of staying entry level.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Tech Wizard

Right now I'm looking at the Numark X5, Ecler Nuo 2.0 or the A&H Xone 22. The DJTT review said that all of these were in the middle tier in terms of 2 channel mixers, I'm using Traktor, which would be the best to use for sound quality? and could I still use the effects in Traktor?

again, thanks for all your help guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast