i hate dubstep. now i love it. let me explain
    Tech Mentor

Default i hate dubstep. now i love it. let me explain

so unlike probably 99% of this forum i have not loved EDM forever. I actually only recently(within the past year or so) got into it. Don't get me wrong I listened to some prodigy(got fat of the land when it came out of course) some aphex twin, daft punk, the normal big name stuff. i am a real big punk, ska, post hardcore, metal, hardcore fan at heart and its where all my roots stem from. im a guitar, drummer, and bassist and have been playing in bands my whole life and now that im older i felt djing was a natural progression to stay with music but work alone.

so when i got into edm i started listening to stuff that i felt was heavy and melodic like what i was used too. the first dubstep i found like the killabits or digital myztec or whatever were just awful to my ears but after finding tracks done by 12th planet with big breakdowns i felt it was more something i was used too. the wild and crazy nature and the heavy feel of it were what dragged me to it.

im just trying to shed some light on my personal dubstep experience and explain what could be a main reason the genre is getting so popular.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tristancary View Post
    so unlike probably 99% of this forum i have not loved EDM forever. I actually only recently(within the past year or so) got into it. Don't get me wrong I listened to some prodigy(got fat of the land when it came out of course) some aphex twin, daft punk, the normal big name stuff. i am a real big punk, ska, post hardcore, metal, hardcore fan at heart and its where all my roots stem from. im a guitar, drummer, and bassist and have been playing in bands my whole life and now that im older i felt djing was a natural progression to stay with music but work alone.

so when i got into edm i started listening to stuff that i felt was heavy and melodic like what i was used too. the first dubstep i found like the killabits or digital myztec or whatever were just awful to my ears but after finding tracks done by 12th planet with big breakdowns i felt it was more something i was used too. the wild and crazy nature and the heavy feel of it were what dragged me to it.

im just trying to shed some light on my personal dubstep experience and explain what could be a main reason the genre is getting so popular.
    or the endless supply of weed that is at most dubstep parties
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    or the endless supply of weed that is at most dubstep parties
    Lol, dubstep rattles all the junkies out of the woodwork with its basslines
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

shameless plug:

since youre new, why not listen to the most dub in the least amount of time? i suppose a mix would be good, no?

well, my friend, youre in luck! i do a monthly dubstep mix. usually about 20-30 minutes long.

check out my page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Theory...92837400742178

februarys mix is coming in the next week or two, so stay tuned.

if you have any questions, feel free to ask me on facebook or PM me on here.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.