So... is this fixable or did I waste a lot of money on a Dell?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Unhappy So... is this fixable or did I waste a lot of money on a Dell?

So, I'm on a new Dell Latitude E5410 Laptop, Pentium I7 2.8ghz, Win7HomePremium, 4gb Ram, with an Audio8, and a VCI-100SE, with the Newest TSI Mac Edition, on Traktor Scratch Pro, which is set at 5.5ms Latency. I've also already installed Str8UpDrews Midi Patch, but that hasn't helped...
    My problem is that when I have a song playing in traktor, ever so often, randomly, the entire system just pauses for a split second, the sound stops, the waveforms stop scrolling, everything just kinda pauses for a second, then continues. This starts to happen when I'm just playing a single track on one side, not even starting to test the systems performance, although it does seem to happen a bit more when I'm doing more stuff like FX and using the faders, and its the same with Wavs or Mp3s. Also, I'm not running anything else on the laptop except TSP and the Midi Patch from Str8UpDrew. I've tried some stuff like updating the chipset and bios, but they're already the newest versions. I've got a gig in about a month and another in 2 months, and although they're far off, I'm already getting nervous imagining these gaps popping up during my sets! It's really unacceptable. So.... does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? I'm thinkin of selling an organ to get a MBP (semi-joking).
    Any help would be majorly appreciated! Thanks
    Steeboh Savadelic

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Try these

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
    http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

There may be something going on that you don't know about.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

The tsi for Mac got leds feedback for fx unit, this things causes a lot of problem, like pop glitch and freezes.
    Try the pc version, and If you got problem with it, try to delete feedbacks for some leds
    (usually the changing led patterns for juggle mode 1-4 and 5-8)
    Traktor S2 . Traktor X1 . Traktor F1 (in UPS hands atm) . MBP . TP2 . Reloop Rhp-10 .

Soundcloud.
    Gone Vci 100 se arcade edition . Audio 2DJ . Launchpad . RMX . lpd8 .

Tech Convert

Default Well... I think it might be WORKING!?!!!!

I'm kinda in shock at the moment... because if this is working... oh man.... but yeah....
    The Latency check showed I was having a single red spike every 30 seconds or so...
    So I got the Game Booster, as well as the PC TSI rather than the MAC TSI, and with the Game Booster basically stopping every process it could except the NI Hardware Manager (just wasn't sure if it matters), it APPEARS (I'm way too excited to believe this is true) that everything is working good! I also adjusted my Latency to 3MS and 8MS (Using the older Audio8Dj Driver).... but at the moment.... I've mixed up some house music, with effects, loops, all the fun stuff, for about 5 minutes, and I never heard a single pause!!!!!! I'm planning on recording a mix tonight to really test her out.... THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Tech Convert

Default Well after another set.... maybe not.

ok, so I've got the Gamebooster goin, I've got Str8UpDrew's Midi Patch Send running, and I've got my latency still set at 3 and 8ms. It IS working WAY WAY WAY better than before.... however... I'm still getting tiny pauses every now and then, but now much, much less frequently, and much less noticeably... but I'm still noticing them clearly enough that I'm still nervous about gigging with this thing... will check back in soon, but in the meantime, any other advice would be majorly appreciated!

Tech Guru

I don't understand how your problem could be midi Latency. I can't imagine how latency would affect software? More just controls in your case. I know you have overkill specs, but keep an eye on your CPU usage and check for bad drivers.

do you have a Nvidia graphics card?

Tech Convert

Default ...so... by bad drivers...

By check for bad drivers do you mean using the latency checker and their method of randomly eliminating processes until the thing no longer shows a red bar?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Nales View Post
    do you have a Nvidia graphics card?
    Nope, just standard Intel HD.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Steeboh View Post
    By check for bad drivers do you mean using the latency checker and their method of randomly eliminating processes until the thing no longer shows a red bar?
    Check for bad drivers?

Plug in your normal DJ stuff. Go to Start (lower left hand corner) and type in the search bar "Device Manager" and select it from the list. A new window will appear and look for any ! yellow triangle icons next the name of the device.

If there are any disable them or re install new drivers for that device.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast