Other USB audio interface with traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Other USB audio interface with traktor

Hi!

Wondering if other USB audio interfaces (instead of audio 8 dj and 4dj ) can work with TSP and timecoded Traktor CDs.

If i want two CDJs and an external mixer i would need three inputs and one output , CDJs - input, external mixer, input or output!? and sound - out from the soundcard or from the mixer? (depends on the mixer, if thats in or output)

I need help
    Last edited by firrre; 02-02-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by firrre View Post
    Hi!

Wondering if other USB audio interfaces (instead of audio 8 dj and 4dj ) can work with TSP and timecoded Traktor CDs.

If i want two CDJs and an external mixer i would need three inputs and one output or i am totally off?
    TSP is (was) only available with an NI soundcard, but anyway no you need a stereo IN and OUT for each timecode making 12 connections in total for 3 timecodes.

Look at the cabling guides on the NI website in the section about TSP, it makes it much clearer, but basically the signal goes out of the CDJ, into the soundcard (then through traktor of course), back out of the soundcard and into the mixer from there.

I suppose if you were mixing internally you could do it with less.

And this is all academic anyway, because a legal copy of TSP will only work with an NI soundcard.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

So my TSP will not work with another soundcard than the audio X dj?

darn gotta buy me one then, thanks for telling me that

But you say 12 connections.. The audio 4 only has 6. Doesn't that work with 2 CDJs and a mixer?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

But you say 12 connections.. The audio 4 only has 6. Doesn't that work with 2 CDJs and a mixer?
    either that or a certified mixer.

an audio 4 is all you need if you are using 2 decks

You should have bought TSP anyway mate, pirating's for pansies.

The Audio 4 has 4 stereos, so 8 connections:

which as I explained will do you for 2 decks. anything more and you need TSP.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Convert

ah ok, but how is it piracy if im using it instead of him? he uses itch now.. isn't that allowed?

Again...

Look at the cabling guides on the NI website in the section about TSP, it makes it much clearer, but basically the signal goes out of the CDJ, into the soundcard (then through traktor of course), back out of the soundcard and into the mixer from there.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...=111&page=1546

In a word, yes.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Again...

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...=111&page=1546

In a word, yes.
    Yeah i know sorry, removed that post, very helpful m8 thank you for your help

ah ok, but how is it piracy if im using it instead of him? he uses itch now.. isn't that allowed?
    if you bought a licence off someone then no worries, it's just when people say they have TSP but no Audio 8 it usually means they've pirated the software. Same goes for people who haven't updated since version 1.2.4 since that was the most recent version to be cracked.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    if you bought a licence off someone then no worries, it's just when people say they have TSP but no Audio 8 it usually means they've pirated the software. Same goes for people who haven't updated since version 1.2.4 since that was the most recent version to be cracked.
    You have no faith in the software cracking community. 1.2.7 is alive and well in numerous places. I found out through a friend who's licensing with NI got messed up…after trying to deal with them for a week or two to get things worked out, he gave up and used a cracked copy.

I fully support paying for software that you use, but the sh*t companies try to do to prevent the ill-named "piracy" are such a pain in the @$$ that I know several people who buy software in boxes for proof and just never open it. I've seen more people–for example–with the same cracked volume license of Logic with the install disks sitting in their office sealed than I have individual licenses installed correctly…and Apple's copy protection is a lot less intrusive than most Audio production/performance stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast