How can I make a transition between 120 & 130 bpm?
    Tech Mentor

Default How can I make a transition between 120 & 130 bpm?

Hi Guys!

Thanks to Roubignol who send me his djtt firmware kit, because I didn't received my order, now I can do my first mix! Big up Roubignol!!!

I made my first setlist: there are two different part in it. The first part is 120 bpm, while the second is 130. I don't want to slow down or accelerate one of the two parts.
    What kind of transition can I do?

thanks

Slowly notch the first track to 125, then the 2nd to 125. With the two synced there's hundreds of transitions you could make. When your done with the transition you can bring the second track back to speed. You could also make a transition with breakdowns (a hard cut) and ignore the bpm change.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Tech Mentor

thanks a lot man!

am gonna try it right now! thanks for your help!

I like the echo/freeze to transition between genres and/or tempos.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Wizard

Grys, are you referring to the Echo/Freeze that so many people use to transition in hip hop mixes? How does one do that effect?

Tech Mentor

(and if you have some good links to know how to use correctly cue points (like loops, is it normal if i have to reactive loops saved everytime)

Quote Originally Posted by TVo14 View Post
    Grys, are you referring to the Echo/Freeze that so many people use to transition in hip hop mixes? How does one do that effect?
    I do it on my Midifighter. Wait till the end of a chorus or so, hit the button, let it echo a few seconds, then, with the volume down a tad, bring in the next track.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

You can use the "Turntable FX" effect to simulate a platter slowdown. Adjust the parameters of the effect, and the when you press the button is goes vvvooouuuffff... and stops the track (yes, that was a slowdown sound). Right at that instant you press play on the next track.

Experiment and find a fun way to do it.

A word of caution about hard cutting from one song to a different instantly...

Using this technique either in a recording session or live at a gig should be used very seldom and carefully timed. It should be used only as a huge attention grabber for the new super-huge club banging floor filling track you are bringing in next.

If done wrong (either poorly timed, poorly planned, off beat, etc.) the end result may be way less of a wow factor (or even a downer) for your audience.

If done correctly, people will notice and sometimes will tell you, "That kicked ass, dude."
    --DJ B-Naut || Atlanta, GA
    Electro House || Mashups || VJ

Toshiba L505 i3 8GB RAM Win 7 64bit / 2 Technics 1200 / Vestax PMC280 / Dicer / Akai APC40 / Numark NuVJ / Arkaos GrandVJ