MIXXX (Opensource Dj software)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MIXXX (Opensource Dj software)

Well, I just found out MIXXX (http://www.mixxx.org/ ), a dj software for linux/windows/mac (free and opersource), and its supposed to work well with a lot of midi controllers (includind vestax vci-100) and also can be used with timecoded vynils and cds.

Sounds very interesting, and I cant barely wait till a chance to try it out! Right now I cant check this out because Im without my gear, but if any of you have the chance, let us know about this MIXXX with a little review, ok?

After trying Djay, Virtual Dj and others, lets see with this opersource app can be a good low cost solution for those who cannot afford a traktor pro.

Tech Guru

A little birdie on my shoulder told me that MIXXX is working on taking their MIDI implementation to the next level...

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    A little birdie on my shoulder told me that MIXXX is working on taking their MIDI implementation to the next level...
    ooo thats some pretty interesting news !

wow, gotta try this one out as soon as possible Seeing that I am running ALL os's that this little monster runs on And it seems that Ubuntu/Debian is preferred Linux Distro

There's a few controllers already supported.

Thing is, if you want to make either your own mappings or add your controller to the list, you'd best bring out your preferred text editor and get hacking.

It's a nice app, but I am guessing loads of you are too spoiled with Traktor and the many cuepoints and beatgrids you are used to as that mixxx is a straight forward mixing app. (and not an app that can be used for more controllerist purposes like beatjuggles etc)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Yes, this is the point: I wanna a low cost software (if its free, even better) to play digital music with turntables. I think my ideal setup would be turntables/mixer/controller for triggering samples and some other toys for fx.
    It takes a good mixer and skills for the dj, then this software can be a nice solution.

Let me just add a link to a previous MIXXX thread here:
    http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863

RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Sorry moderators, I didn't use the search before creating this thread. My fault.

no proBLAMMO man, I just added it here no fouls here.

My gf has been using this app (having Ubuntu and all). Seems to work great.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast