[OT] - Give DJTT The Business
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [OT] - Give DJTT The Business

Here's the maths - cheapest S4 in South Africa is R9995.00. If I order it through DJTT it lands here at R6890.00 (P&P incl). Don't know if I will get nailed on the tax. My X1 and Audio2 from Juno were NOT taxed. Do I hit the pay button?

if you've had at least one course in math during your life you would

correct me if i'm wrong, but there should be no tax on these type of products, since they're not stand alond music instruments (or some kind of bs like that)
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Just hope it will get marked as being a computer keyboard... you will end up paying less taxes.
    Last edited by tekki; 02-06-2011 at 03:56 AM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    if you've had at least one course in math during your life you would

correct me if i'm wrong, but there should be no tax on these type of products, since they're not stand alond music instruments (or some kind of bs like that)
    I think you are right. We get whacked with anything from Amazon et al with INSANE surcharge, but as Tekki said, maybe a 'computer keyboard' will get through unscathed

saved about $60NZD on an audio 4 through djtt and thats with splurging on the postage as well. Also, was here within the week from frisco
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Special deleviery deal; just because it was you Jester.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

i got hit pretty hard by tax when i got my S4 from DJTT.
    im in Ireland and i had to pay 119 euro tax(custom charge)

but even after all the cost/postage/taxes etc i still saved myself 120 euro than if i had of bought it locally.

ps. i know im in Ireland and far far far away from where you are, and were you are tax charges may be different. but if you do get taxed you still should save on your S4

pps. DJTT had marked the price of the S4 down a good bit less than it was really,
    (i didnt asked them too) but thought that was very nice of them to do so... as that may of saved me a bit on the tax charge
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

[QUOTE=IrishBlaggard;224770]i got hit pretty hard by tax when i got my S4 from DJTT.

Thanks mate. I think the p&p is the killer - many time zones between DJTT HQ and Johannesburg, but I think I may be OK on surcharge. Besides, I think DJTT deserve the business - I think they offer an amazing forum.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard View Post
    i got hit pretty hard by tax when i got my S4 from DJTT.
    I was afraid I would be hit for €170,- :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    I was afraid I would be hit for €170,- :eek:
    you still waiting on yours ?
    were are you based ?

wouldnt ya think you been a Mod and all that you would get one for free for doing a good job

yeah the tax sucks, but still saved some cash overall.
    oh and the free DVD is a great bonus
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast