In Ear Protectors for Dj'ing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default In Ear Protectors for Dj'ing

Hi,

I am just about to buy some in-ear protectors for when i DJ.
    I want some that fit comfortably, are very small, and will keep the volume down so i can feel more comfortable.
    I may sound old saying this but i hate mixing when the booth is really loud, and i think using in-ear protectors are a great way to combat this, as well as looking after your hearing in the long run.

There are custom fitted ones out there, i'm interested in those types too, i really need to do more research into them to be honest.

anyone else out there know any more info on ear protectors?

search for elacin here on the forums and on the web.. i bought some last year with -15db protection (there are also -9 and -25db) and dont want to miss them one single time i'm spinning.. quite expensive for around 180€ but a hearing aid later would cost a multiple..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Thanks Weltraumpapst, i'll give that a look. There seems to be quite a lot on the market, i don;t mind paying for good ones, as you say its a very good investment.

Tech Mentor

they make custom fit stuff
    http://www.etymotic.com/

ctrld

Elacin ER-15.

I'm kind of torn between the ER-15/25's Or Pro guard music/Pro Musician ones......

Both are custom fit, which i would prefer to be honest, the only bad thing i see about the pro guard ones are that they're not made of silicone, they're made of hard acrylic.

Any thoughts or advice would be great.

Thanks.

You'll want the soft silicone ones. They're more comfortable; especially if you also want to use them for parties and such in which case you'll have them in your ears for a couple of hours.

Custom made ear protection comes in different brands, but in the end they are the same thing basically. The only thing you'll want to keep in mind is getting ear protection with flat response (ER) filters. I use ER-25 (-25 dB) filters and they are lifesavers.
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Thanks Dennis, yes, the silicone thing does sound a lot more appealing, and i will be using them whilst DJ'ing so i'll be wearing them most of the night to be honest, not just when i'm playing.
    Do they ER-25's reduce the volume too much? That was my only thought with them compared to the 15's. I thought maybe the er-25's would be too much of a reduction in volume?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tomflynn View Post
    Thanks Dennis, yes, the silicone thing does sound a lot more appealing, and i will be using them whilst DJ'ing so i'll be wearing them most of the night to be honest, not just when i'm playing.
    Do they ER-25's reduce the volume too much? That was my only thought with them compared to the 15's. I thought maybe the er-25's would be too much of a reduction in volume?

Thanks
    you can only try it yourself.. when i got my er-15 i told them i want to test them in the usual club environment and change them to 25 if neccessary... never went back
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast