Arcade Joysticks

Default Arcade Joysticks

I really wasn't sure where to put this, whether I should put it here, or in gear, or even in midi fighter because it is somewhat relevant.

Anyway I had this idea that I know I personally wouldn't be able to dream of creating, let alone afford it, so I'm posting it here. I also sent a message to eangolden on youtube, but here it is again.

Cutting right to the point: a joystick controlled MIDI, or for lack of a better term, joystick controlled Kaoss Pad.

I recently bought a midi fighter for my birthday, and it hasnt even come in yet but it still got me thinking. I mean youve got all these buttons and thats great, but "your missing the joystick", as my dad puts it.

Just a thought, but I think it would be worth seriously looking into personally.

So? any thoughts?

and yes this is my very first post on here, I was just very excited about this idea.

I'm chaomocha btw.

Tech Mentor

Yes djtt offers a custom midi fighter where u can add 2 joysticks
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

some people have used playstation and xbox joystics. but you need to convert the signal to midi
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyJ View Post
    Yes djtt offers a custom midi fighter where u can add 2 joysticks
    ahaha oh man well now I look like quite the prick now don't I

well, to be completely honest the idea came over me and I didn't even think to check the store to begin with.

well thank you for letting me know, and thanks for not being a jerk about it either, don't get that everyday online so thats nice to know

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    some people have used playstation and xbox joystics. but you need to convert the signal to midi
    yeah I've seen some mods done before, and with the kinect controller too. I just thought it would be cool to stick with an old ball and stick arcade joystick, keep the midi fighter theme going. But it appears they already do so thats that

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by chaomocha View Post
    ahaha oh man well now I look like quite the prick now don't I

well, to be completely honest the idea came over me and I didn't even think to check the store to begin with.

well thank you for letting me know, and thanks for not being a jerk about it either, don't get that everyday online so thats nice to know

yeah I've seen some mods done before, and with the kinect controller too. I just thought it would be cool to stick with an old ball and stick arcade joystick, keep the midi fighter theme going. But it appears they already do so thats that
    Yeah no jerk here.. no need to be lol
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Default Hey chaomocha, it's good to have you here

Feel free to braindump anytime you like. I do it often and it's quite random....

Pretty cool people round here....

Welcome to the DJTT End Up and the DJTT Crew
    ------=== ===------

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    Do the Sanwa buttons flee in revolt? It's been proven through study they only last the long haul w/ Sanwa or Seimitsu sticks.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaomocha View Post
    I really wasn't sure where to put this, whether I should put it here, or in gear, or even in midi fighter because it is somewhat relevant.

Controllers, mods and gear reviews which is where it resides now.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x