macbook 2.0ghz white w/1gb ram glitching fixed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default macbook 2.0ghz white w/1gb ram glitching fixed

I had been having problems with Traktor Pro and my macbook with only having 1gb of ram, getting artifacts, glitches and cpu spikes all the time.
    I tried everything, but I always knew it would be the ram, especially since the GMA950 graphics card uses the ram aswell since it is bulit in.

I can confirm that this is fixed now since I got installed 2x2gb. It runs like a dream now. I can ever start the track synced before it has been analyzed.

It's like going from belt driven turntables to directdrive...haha. It was pretty unusable before.

I know that my macbook being 32bit only utilizes 3gb of the 4gb. But I was reading this

http://eshop.macsales.com/Reviews/Ma...ory_Benchmarks

and apparently pairing the ram is somewhat of a better option. (even if I will recognize it) Hate odd numbers anyway, lol, can't really complain at $115 NZ dollars, which works out to be chicken feed to all you US guys.

Just had to share this boring post with you since I can actually dj again now.

Welcome back to the game

Laurens you were better off pair the ram with 2x1gb of the same ram to take advantage of the DDR. But atleast you upgraded from 2x512mb!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

yea I know what you mean, from the trials on that site 2x2gb is alot more effective in apps like photoshop and others which I use alot of. There doesn't seem to be any advantage of getting 2x1gb. What do you mean by take advantage of the DDR?

I guess there are a hundred other variables you could factor in aswell.

when you have matching ram your comp is faster du2 having 2x1gb ddr2 ram vs 1x2gb 1x1gb ddr2 is how your macbook is seeing the ram.

Tech Mentor

ok, i kinda see what you mean, but I would still rather have 3gb working than 2gb. For the purpose that I animate and render video every now and then.
    Macbook 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Presonus Firebox, X-Session Pro, Behringer BCR2000, Technics RPDJ-1200's.

The term is called "dual ram" - basicly if you have 2 sticks of ram that are the same speed and size it uses a technique that makes the ram work faster than 2 sticks of ram would indepedently of one another.

*~cough~*Dual Channel RAM*~cough~*
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

duh, thats what's it called, my bad tekki

Not only yours Jes, but really it's no biggie.
    Last edited by tekki; 12-26-2008 at 04:56 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast