Akai MPD24 firmware issues

Default Akai MPD24 firmware issues

Hey guys.
    I've been on forum after forum about this issue and no one seems to have a handle on it. I came here thinking you may know of a decent resource, as this site is def. a decent resource.

I updated the firmware on my MPD24 to 1.10, thinking, like a geek, that it needed to be done and it would help the overall performance. well after deleting the current firmware, the new firmware won't take. there is no place on the interweb that i can find the original firmware to reinstall that. i now have on my hands a $180 doorstop. it feels great.

has anyone come across this problem and found a solution? any help would be great cause i want to start using this thing for cue/loop points with traktor pro (which by the way is super sexy). thanks a bunch and i hope everyone had a dope christmas and having a wicked good hanukkah.

-peace-
    MEDISON

Which software did you use to upload the ROM image?

Not a solid solution, but I seem to remember the documentation having troubleshooting steps for a broken firmware update. If all else fails, contact your AKAI dealer - I had some prompt responses from them when I had b0rked rotaries on my first model. They may have a dealer-only way to help out.

Well, I have no idea how to help you. I got an Akai Mpd 24 as well, but Ive never upgraded the firmware cos I just thought it worked fine... What This firmware is supposed to improve?

I wonder if it would be possible to download the working firmware from someone elses working units then get them to send you a copy which you can upload to your unit.

thank you guys for reading my thread.

i used vyzex on a mac to get the firmware to the hardware. it starts out alright and then freezes about 70% into the uploading. i read that some kids were able to get it to work out when they used a pc using xp sp3 and vista. i don't really have that option right now...i connected my computer with the usb cord, with midi cords, and with both usb/midi, and nada.

the firmware was supposed to help with something in ableton, haha i really don't know what it updates specifically, i'm just an ass that likes to keep his stuff updated, and in retrospect it was a stupid idea.

yea, if anyone has the ability to send me the firmware file, that would the dopest christmas present for this year! haha

so yea, there we stand, but again thank you for the responses!

oh and also, i haven't gone the akai direct route only cause i've heard nothing but hassles on their end, BUT i am def. willing to try it out per your recomendation fatlimey.

i'll call em tomorrow and let you know how that goes.

alright, so after calling up akai, and having them walk thru it with me, trying multiple usb cords, the guy suggests doing the midi cable route. he says just plug in your ac adapter, but it never came with one. i'm pretty sure they don't come with one, unless i'm mistaken. anyways, gotta order one of those before i know what will become of my mpd24 door stop