Previewing songs on VCI-100 SE

Default Previewing songs on VCI-100 SE

I've done a search I swear!!

Just wondering if it has got this? I never really used before but actually it would be amazing to be able to preview songs without loading them.

Obviously this is possible but is it built into the SE?

Thanks

Mx
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't think it does, but I never used that feature of the software either when I had my VCI. I do use it now on the S4 though so it would be a nice addition to the VCI. Should be pretty easy to map.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Well i've just mapped it to my keyboard for ease. The SE is pretty maxed out on space for mapping!

Can't believe i haven't been using it all this time...

It obviously makes a massive difference when looking for tunes. Thing is i'm bad with names and don't always have artwork for a song.

Preview ftw
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yeah it's great on the S4. A quick press of the browse knob and it's playing. Then I can turn the knob and skip through it very quickly. If you have a spare endless encoder anywhere I highly recommend mapping the function to that.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

That's a nice feature I have no spare rotary knobs... but i mapped shift+left and right to scroll through songs and left and right are already mapped to load in deck a/b.

It's pretty sweet... shame it's not on VCI but at least i don't have to add another controller. Realistically I just only ever want to take 1 controller to a party or gig.