[OT] My new radio show! :)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [OT] My new radio show! :)

Hey Guys,

I have been on here for a while, and been learning from all of you! Every single one of you without a doubt to be honest. Thanks to all your help I have finally gotten to a point where I have gained enough confidence to sign up and was accepted thankfully to my university's (California State University Fullerton) radio program.

I will be broadcasting EVERY week on Thursdays at 4:00PM to 4:30PM PST. Sadly they are only giving me 30 minutes for right now since it's my first semester signing up for it.

It will be airing on my college's radio, and a iphone app is available for it as well. I'll be linking everything on this thread within the next 2 days.

I will be spinning a lot of hip hop remixes, edm, house, and dubstep.

I would truly appreciate it if you guys would tune in, and then give me suggestions on this thread as to where I can improve, what I can change, and especially since I don't listen to much dubstep although I enjoy it, let me know any good artists you think I should look into.

Thank you once again for all your insight, knowledge, and help!
    Coldfuzion

congrats man that's further than i have ever got one day, one day
    Here's Where I Put My Stuff Remix's/Mix's/and............. Genrally Madness

Sound Cloud :: http://soundcloud.com/herbstrike
    FaceBook :: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HerbSt...2547446?ref=ts

that sucks they only give u 30 mins...my first semester i got 10 hours at different shows throughout the week

good luck!

are u mixing or are u using the stations pre programming?

Thank you Herb!

Quote Originally Posted by seitz View Post
    that sucks they only give u 30 mins...my first semester i got 10 hours at different shows throughout the week

good luck!

are u mixing or are u using the stations pre programming?
    I will be mixing.

I was in there early on Saturday talking to them, but last semester they had about 100 DJs or something trying to get on the station. Not all real DJs, but radio programs really.

Next semester they'll give me an hour. But yeah, it sucks that it's only 30 minutes.

For me though it's nice cause its getting my feet wet. Like it's something I can show to small clubs around here when I ask for a gig or something.
    Last edited by Coldfuzion; 02-08-2011 at 05:44 AM.

bump... congrats man
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Congrats bro'!

Hope you'll thoroughly enjoy it!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Thanks guys!

I'm getting super super super nervous. Everytime I think I have finalized the track list, something comes up and I change it. !@!)(#*)%#! im freaking out hahaha. I think it'll be fine once it's done, but its just nerve racking as this will be the first time I am performing my mix for everyone.

since you got just 30 mins to make an impact, have you thought about making a cool/catchy name drop for your intro/outro ?
    might be a good idea. been nervous is a good thing, keeps you on edge.
    also, just an idea why not make a rough mix and put on sound cloud and post it here, or even post it to friends on facebook or what ever you use, make a cd or 2 for close freinds to gain some feedback. might take the edge of you nervousness. just a thought
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard View Post
    just an idea why not make a rough mix and put on sound cloud and post it here, or even post it to friends on facebook or what ever you use,
    Better yet, make it a scavenger hunt. Carry five or six CD's with a good mix on it and tell them if they like what you're playing to find you on campus and you'll give them a full mix CD.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard View Post
    since you got just 30 mins to make an impact, have you thought about making a cool/catchy name drop for your intro/outro ?
    might be a good idea. been nervous is a good thing, keeps you on edge.
    also, just an idea why not make a rough mix and put on sound cloud and post it here, or even post it to friends on facebook or what ever you use, make a cd or 2 for close freinds to gain some feedback. might take the edge of you nervousness. just a thought
    What I am going to do starting next week is create a mix about a few days early and post it on SoundCloud and then ask you guys to let me know what I should change or edit through this thread! As for the name drop, I will be dropping my name in over mic from the studio itself when I broadcast. After probably the first week or two then i'll make a digital one and just start adding it into my mixes.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Better yet, make it a scavenger hunt. Carry five or six CD's with a good mix on it and tell them if they like what you're playing to find you on campus and you'll give them a full mix CD.
    Ahh! Now that's a really good idea! The first time I read it I was just going to let you know that i'll be putting it up on SoundCloud for everyone to have access to, but having 5 - 6 CDs with the same genre yet different tracks is what you're saying right? That is extremely clever!

Thank you both very much !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast