Korg DS-10?

Thread: Korg DS-10?

Default Korg DS-10?

I got a DS just lying around my Toronto residence and was thinking of buying the DS-10 "game"/program for it.

I know some of you have it, what are your thoughts? Worth the 50$ ish?
    ~MacBook 2.4 GHz | Pacemaker 666 | Traktor Pro | Ableton Live 7~
    ~Indie Dance | Nu Disco | Electro House | Old Skool Funk~

this also looks interesting to me as i got a ds doing very little atm.

bump!
    VAIO - T3/PRO - VCI 100 - AK1 - DJM-400

ok here it goes.

I like my ds-10, and I currently use it in my setup with my other synths..

In my opinion, it's worth $30-40 USD... (i payed $40)

Currently Amazon.com has 5-star rating for it, and gamerankings (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/945489.asp) has it with a aggregated score of 88%. People seem to like the DS-10. Also, check out youtube for lots of ds-10 videos!

from one of the reviews: "It's incredibly rewarding and very deep... just incredibly complex to the uninitiated." If you've never messed with a synth before, you'll have a learning curve for sure.

It only has a 16 step sequencer, and can't sync up with anything via midi. The dual synths in the game are monophonic - one note at a time can be played, no chords.

You can sync up with your friend if s/he also has the game, and you can save your 'songs' in the game..

I have a very short attention span, so I usually use the game sparingly, jumping to other equipment in my studio - some would say the game is a waste for me... but i still like it - as sometimes i use it for a long stretch...

It DID get me more interested in hardware synths, (the ds-10 was the second one i bought, next to my kaossilator - i now have 5 in total! Microkorg,micron,jp-8000!) so watch out, it becomes expensive in the long run!

here's a great video review: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/20...s-synthesizer/
    Last edited by corporation; 12-28-2008 at 11:46 AM.

many thanks for the detailed info think i might jus give it a try!
    VAIO - T3/PRO - VCI 100 - AK1 - DJM-400

I've never used the DS-10, but when I dj'ed for a New Wave band called Anything Box, the lead singer was using it during a concert, and it sounded amazing!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

the sequencer has 16 steps per pattern but you can save up to 16 patterns per song. Then use the song editor to play/edit the patterns in any order you want. It has a steep learning curve, but the developer's site has helpful youtube videos.
    toys: Macbook Pro, Mac Mini, Trigger Finger, Radium 61, Zero8

Got one today for 40$ CAD. Sounds pretty good, but for the first hour or so my only reaction was "O_o". I had pretty much no idea what I was doing, but slowly got a hang of the basics. Gonna take a look at the dev's site for the video's.

Overall, I'm pleased. It's my first synth other then using only the vocoder + Talkbox with a microKorg.
    ~MacBook 2.4 GHz | Pacemaker 666 | Traktor Pro | Ableton Live 7~
    ~Indie Dance | Nu Disco | Electro House | Old Skool Funk~