So I got my cdjs...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So I got my cdjs...

Got my cdjs in the mail today off of ebay and low and behold, one of the cdj's doesnt read the disc.

The symptoms are : Piece loose inside and it scratches when a disc is put in.

What do I do?

Is this my own problem? I paid through paypal.

I messaged the user on ebay and told him whats up. Do I just give him negative feedback and give paypal a shout?

Is it fixable?

Either way I'm pissed. I was waiting for these for 2 weeks.

He pack them alright in the box but I guess they might have smacked together because there was nothing seperating them.

god damn.

talk to the seller and go from there. If he's not willing to come to an arrangement, talk to paypal. DON'T GIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK YET as that will just make the seller much less likely to cooperate.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

WHere do you live..?

First off, as said above never give negative feedback immediatley.
    It is always the best approach to be polite and give the seller the benefit of the doubt.
    You lose nothing by being polite.

Only if the Seller is non-compliant do you take action but give him a few days to reply.

In the UK you are covered by Distance Selling Laws and these are upheld by eBay . You can get your money back no quibble within 7 days of purchase.

alright thanks for the advice.

Hey I live in St.John's, Newfoundland, Canada.

I contacted the seller to see what he says.

Now I have to go to school for 10 hours and I have a broken CDJ. Shitty.

Tech Mentor

you can open a case on ebay saying the item was not as described. you WILL win because ebay is real big on not having buyer remorse. they will refund your money and you can ship the unit back. thats all if you open a case and cant work it out with the seller first. message him and let him know whats up

Quote Originally Posted by tristancary View Post
    you can open a case on ebay saying the item was not as described. you WILL win because ebay is real big on not having buyer remorse. they will refund your money and you can ship the unit back. thats all if you open a case and cant work it out with the seller first. message him and let him know whats up
    If it happened in transit then the seller should probably offer to refund them and pay return postage or pay for a repair. It was his responsibility to package them properly.

Was the box marked fragile? Depending on the type of postage it might be covered by insurance.

Also out of interest, which CDJs did you get?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Cdj 800mkII

No fragile marked on it..

He managed to put the air pockets in the box but never put them between the 2 cdj's....

It was just standard shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkie View Post
    Cdj 800mkII

No fragile marked on it..

He managed to put the air pockets in the box but never put them between the 2 cdj's....

It was just standard shipping.
    Good thing about CDJs is that their large installed base can offer lot of online resources en whats wrong and how to fix it.

Also, I know how sellers can ship goods almost with just a label slapped on the equipment itself. I remember buying a Flip camera last year on EBay and the seller just dumping the camera on a Flatrate Large box. :eek:

I have been on Ebay since 2000 and I pack what I sell using full OCD power. Never a DOA item. So remember kids, if you are planning to sell stuff by mail, wrap it good, aaand wrap it tight!
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Guru

it might need a new lazer assembly just, not too expensive
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast