Soundcard : MAYA 44 USB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Soundcard : MAYA 44 USB

Hey guys !
    I just wanted to give my feedback about the maya 44 usb which I recently purshased (and send back almosr right away).
    The surprinsing thing about it at this first sight is that it is REALLY light ! So much that I first thought the package was empty !
    It was plug and play on my macbook.
    So far so good...but then comes the trouble...
    The sound is awfull, my on board macbook soundcard has almost better quality. I also had lots of cracks and pops even with high latency. And I tried to use the inputs with traktor (with a cd player), and It sounded really really bad...To me this device is complety unuseable ! So I decided to put a bit more money, and i'm going for a presonus firebox !

Hopes this help !

Hey Peter, can you specify which computer and OS you were running?

I can read macbook, but what OSx?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I'm running Tiger (10.4.11), on a 2 ghz, 2 go macbook

Tech Wizard

lawl I purchased this card today, but i guess I won't have these problems on Windows.

I hope this will work out well for you..keep us updated !

Tech Wizard

I'm counting to receive it in the following hours, I will edit this post then and tell you my first experiences

€: Whoop there it is

I need to try it out, I will give you feedback soon
    Last edited by DJ T; 05-08-2008 at 11:21 AM.

Tech Wizard

Alright I just had a gig with it on a party with about 30 people dancing, there were absolutely no problems!
    I choosed the Maya 44 USB Asio Driver and set the latency to "fast" which is about 3 ms I think. All effects working fine (which I think needs the most processing).
    One thing I did:
    I didn't put the headphones into the "Headphone"-Output, but instead into the "analog 3/4"-Output. That's because thats the only way to get them working with the cueing/monitoring way that's inside Traktor. I don't like the monitoring system that comes with it and is always active when you put the headphones in the headphone-output. I think it's the way that normal mixers are monitoring, except that you only can control it inside the Asio-Settings which is very uncomfortable I think.

Tech Convert

I just ordered the Maya44 off ebay. How do I hook it up with Traktor so I can headphone cue the next track? Thanks!

Tech Convert

what you need to buy is a RCA male to a female hosa or RCA to a 3.5mm female (for smaller jack), now you can plug your headphones into the maya 44, and setup traktor to the right outputs for cueing. Done!
    Radio Shack is your friend!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast