does taking the vci-100 apart void the warranty?
    Tech Wizard

Default does taking the vci-100 apart void the warranty?

so i just got my vci-100 in. came in super fast, 2 days from zzounds.com for 420 shipped.

i noticed right off the bat that the left jog wheel is a bit looser and it makes a clicking sound when rotated quickly...go figure...

i saw some videos on how to take apart and tighten the jogs. but i was wondering if taking apart the vci will void the warranty. any help would be greatly appreciated. id like to get rid of this stupid clicking noise.

if all you're doing is tightening it then they'll probably never know... but I imagine in theory that does void the warranty.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    if all you're doing is tightening it then they'll probably never know... but I imagine in theory that does void the warranty.
    ok thanks. now i have another problem...the crossfader is acting weird...

when i move it to the right side it responds just fine in traktor. when i move it to the left side it doesnt move (in traktor) until i get almost all the way to the left (on the vci). what could be causing this? id hate to have to send my unit back already...

check your x-fader curve settings in traktor AND on the back of the VCI. Is the unit new? If not, or if it's an ex display model it might just need cleaning.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Wizard

check your x-fader curve settings in traktor AND on the back of the VCI. Is the unit new? If not, or if it's an ex display model it might just need cleaning.
    the unit is new. and i adjusted the curve and now its even atleast but the crossfader is still funky. the first 1/3" i move it to either side of the center line doesnt register on traktor. i have to move it about half way to either side before it registers. is this normal?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If the curve is set all the way to the least amount the fader in the software should move exactly with the hardware fader.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by lyons238 View Post
    the unit is new. and i adjusted the curve and now its even atleast but the crossfader is still funky. the first 1/3" i move it to either side of the center line doesnt register on traktor. i have to move it about half way to either side before it registers. is this normal?
    Sounds like the curve is just set a little sharp somewhere (either on software or hardware).

This is normal, notice that if you turn the curve all the way to sharp then you will get no movement until you are right at the end on each side, which is used for scratching.

Tech Wizard

Sounds like the curve is just set a little sharp somewhere (either on software or hardware).

This is normal, notice that if you turn the curve all the way to sharp then you will get no movement until you are right at the end on each side, which is used for scratching.
    oh alright i see now. yeah mine was turned like it was for scratching. sorry this is my first dj controller ^_^. i think i made the right choice with the vci-100. has tons of room to grow but still can be used for a beginner.
    15" MacBook Pro (HR AG, 2.4gHz Q i7, 8GB RAM, SSD + HDD) | Focusrite Saffire 6 | VCI-100 | Oxygen25 |PadKontrol | Ultrasone Pro 900's | Logic 9 | Reason 6 | Traktor LE

Tech Wizard

so everythings good now except the one jog seems a little looser and makes more noise when spun. but i think i can fix that. and i noticed the first fx parameter has a stiff spot at about 3/4. is there anyway to clean out the knobs inside for future reference? or do you think the stuff spot will work out?

kind of annoying a brand new unit quirks but w/e
    15" MacBook Pro (HR AG, 2.4gHz Q i7, 8GB RAM, SSD + HDD) | Focusrite Saffire 6 | VCI-100 | Oxygen25 |PadKontrol | Ultrasone Pro 900's | Logic 9 | Reason 6 | Traktor LE