VCI-11 Firmware Upgrade on Windows 7 64 bit

Default VCI-11 Firmware Upgrade on Windows 7 64 bit

Possible?

If not, no big problem as I have a dusty old XP 32 bit machine somewhere to use but it'd save me from digging it out and setting it all up.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Yes I did mine on Win 7 but I had to disble driver signing on boot cos I was using a cheap usb to serial cable

Search [ame="http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=30&hl=en&q=advanced+startup+options+win dows+7&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=g3g-v1&aql=t&oq="]advanced startup options windows 7[/ame]
    SC | MC

Was it a 64 bit Windows 7?

I get the firmware kit tomorrow with a known to be working serial cable (thanks fellow DJTT user, you know who you are!).

I plan on upgrading the firmware tomorrow, but not sure I should risk with 64 bit Windows 7 (it's on my PC and laptop), or install XP on my PC just to do this (and hopefully don;t screw up my PC and music collection in the process!).

I'd appreciate if someone could confirm they've upgraded to 1.4 successfully using Windows 7, specifically the 64 bit version of Windows 7.

Have searched through posts, but can;t find a definitive answer.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Anyone?

An answer before I upgrade tomorrow would be fab! The search won't pick up "64 bit" at all to search through the forums!

Yeah I completed my just fine with a usb to serial converter even though the drivers I had weren't 64 bit. I just loaded up a win xp virtual machine and she updated just fine inside that