traktor: make a button set a specific value
    Tech Mentor

Default traktor: make a button set a specific value

So I'm doing some fx mappings based on this "technique"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbsAIBs3uE

The problem I'm having is that I'd like to set a certain value of an fx parameter using a button.

For example: So when I press that button on the VCI, delay feedback goes to 45.

The problem is if I set the button to "direct", the value only stays there when the button is pressed.

I could do it with a knob (setting it as a button -> direct -> value) but that would defeat the purpose of what I want to do.

Any tips on how to do that?

TIA

so you want to press a button, set the value to a specific setting and then have the value going up, is that what you want to do?

If that's the case: in addition to your command setting the specific amount, add another one for the same button set with 'inc' (increase) instead of direct, repeating itself (and then you specify the range of the movement in the drop down menu).

ps: as a side note, that's typically the kind of FX combo that suits better a knob or fader, so if you can use a knob you'll get more satisfying use of this one.

Tech Guru

ahh one of priscilla's videos.

she really loves this stuff.

she'll likely reply to this. she lurks here often =p
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by pier View Post
    The problem is if I set the button to "direct", the value only stays there when the button is pressed.
    what does it do after being released? where does the value move to? and is anything else mapped to the button that may conflict, like a reset function or something?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by pier View Post
    For example: So when I press that button on the VCI, delay feedback goes to 45.

if you got still "empty" Modifiers you could use this.

The button who set the value on (your example 45), must also be a modifier.
    Per Example Modifier1.
    Now tell the Value-Button (in modifier conditions) M1 = 0
    (but the Value Button is also the Modifier1Button, who sets the Modifier to 1.
    So if you "un"press, the Button, the value stays on 45 cause M1 =1.

So now you have to make that, if you press the Button again, the value resets the Modifier1 to 0.

Hope you understand.
    AsusG2S - MBP13" - Touchscreen - Audio4 - S4 - BCR2000 - 2xLPD8 - Nano - TPro(S4) - Live8
    addicted to: Lyre le Temps Faithless Parov Stelar Paul Kalkbrenner Death in Vegas Fatboy Slim GS

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by StuC View Post
    if you got still "empty" Modifiers you could use this.

The button who set the value on (your example 45), must also be a modifier.
    Per Example Modifier1.
    Now tell the Value-Button (in modifier conditions) M1 = 0
    (but the Value Button is also the Modifier1Button, who sets the Modifier to 1.
    So if you "un"press, the Button, the value stays on 45 cause M1 =1.

So now you have to make that, if you press the Button again, the value resets the Modifier1 to 0.

Hope you understand.
    Genius, thanks that solves it!

Yeah the problem was that when I was releasing the button, the value went directly to 0.