Activision puts the kaibosh on "___ Hero" franchise.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Activision puts the kaibosh on "___ Hero" franchise.

happy days but on a side note, id love to see Ean take one of them controllers and make it into a decent little midi fighter thing
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

500 Job losses, not so cool.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Deadmau5 got involved and now its dead DJ H3r0!! Co-ink-i-dinks?
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

well they certainly milked the money cow for all it was worth.
    only so many guitar/dj hero/music rhythm games people can take.
    every few months they were expecting people to buy full priced games
    and all they were was basically new songs. i believe there is a good market still for these games but in moderation, they over flooded the marked and wont be long till they over bleed there biggest game CALL of DUTY. they have now signed up yet another company to make call of duty games because they cant release then quick enough...
    its a sad state of affairs really. its just gonna hurt the games market overall and yeah jester you right, the loss of jobs aint cool. but most be moved around to work on a different projects
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Damn, and I was really looking forward to Disco Hero with the mirror ball, foot activated dance floor and faux mdma capsules

Tech Guru

They'll be more than 500 by the time there done. They put the kibosh on there True Crime franchise and a few other underperforming studios. (i.e anything that doesn't have Call of Duty/Blizzard attached to it) It's sad because some of those studios put out some great games. While DJ Hero wasn't what I had hopes it would be it was still nice to see something out there that by most accounts and reviews was a really good game. Hope they all land on there feet. At least Harmonix is still around.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Mentor

the people fired will make a new studio, and put out a bad ass game lawsuits will ensue, with hilarity soon to follow... Welcome to the video game industry.
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

about fucking time
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Quote Originally Posted by TABS View Post
    the people fired will make a new studio, and put out a bad ass game lawsuits will ensue, with hilarity soon to follow... Welcome to the video game industry.
    this is more than likely what is going to happen. unfortunately activision has a really bad rep for messing with people.

it was something like two months ago i guess, and a guy built an mmorpg starcraft 2 using the map editor that they gave with the product. when he was demoing it on youtube, activision caught wind of it and asked for a cease and desist.

now i'm all for copyright protecting in the right circumstances. but you couldn't play this guys "mmorpg" without using starcraft 2 to get into battle.net 2..... and they threatened to ruin this guy's promising career if they didn't get it their way.

bottom line is he got hired by gearbox or another company and essentially got his dream to come true... crazy hey?

bottom line is without COD and blizzard, activision is going to dry up and wither like so many big music labels.

they refuse to innovate because they believe the same thing will get them the big bucks, and frankly it kind of makes me sick.
    VCI-100 SE Arcade - Hp Win 7 2.4 ghz 4 gig ram - Traktor Pro - Presonus Firebox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast