External Sampling
    Tech Wizard

Default External Sampling

I understand very few people prefer serato on this forum, and especially Itch. Unfortunately the Serato forums leave a lot to be desired, and despite the popularity of Traktor here, I'm hoping for a more informed response.

Coming from a traditional (technics, DJM-600) setup, I felt that an NS7 would be the easiest transition to a controller for me. Its been a great chance to learn some new skills but after a year I am really beginning to miss the sampler. I'm not anticipating many responses, but I'm curious what people working with Itch are using to sample.

I've been close to picking up an MPD24 multiple times because I've used it before. However this was several years ago, and I'm wondering what else has come along since then.

Any thoughts?

im not much of a knowledgable authority on serato.. but have you looked into aleton/serato's 'the bridge' for sampling? im sure you'd be able to midi map the mpd to trigger the samples no problems.

^^^that would be my advice
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

The bridge isnt out on itch yet.

Best way of using a sampler with itch is with a v7 and a mixer with send/return. Other way which works with the ns7 is you plug one of the master out put s into your sampler and the samplers output into the aux in.only problem with that is when you sample you'll need to turn the aux level down before turning it back up because you will be making a feedback loop.

Tech Wizard

I'm still looking forward to using 'The Bridge' and sample decks in Itch.

Still love my A&H DX, but i do miss these options in Itch. (Ok i do have SSL/SL3, so it's not that bad.)

After all now that Traktor 2 is out, it's only a matter of time before they release these extra features in Itch.

Here's hoping anyway.......

Quote Originally Posted by Cozmic023 View Post
    I'm still looking forward to using 'The Bridge' and sample decks in Itch.

Still love my A&H DX, but i do miss these options in Itch. (Ok i do have SSL/SL3, so it's not that bad.)

After all now that Traktor 2 is out, it's only a matter of time before they release these extra features in Itch.

Here's hoping anyway.......
    yeah hopefully 2.0 comes out soon and it has the bridge, it would be cool to use ableton, for besides the audio clips - midi syncing hardware to a deck