So I had a gig yesterday and my biggest nightmare happen!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So I had a gig yesterday and my biggest nightmare happen!!

girl dancing drops my mac book... :eek: pick it up fast cuz music went out... open it up... starts working perfectly... but now I have a lil bump on the side of the screen... nothing broke.... but I took it today to get it checked to apple.. everything is ok... problem.. is... those bastards.. tell me my warranty exp cuz of that.. I'm like wtf... good thing.. its working great.. bad thing... is.. can I still get apple care??
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Tech Guru

no i believe that exempts that serial number from apple care now.

which apple store in the oc did you take it to so i can tell everyone i know to avoid it like the plague? not that i think any genius bar is worth a damn at all. seems every single one of them is staffed with nothing more than stockboys that know how to do 1 of 2 things. run techtool pro on your mac or go to the back to get you another one.

btw, this is good news by comparison, when i read the title i thought about my greatest gig nightmare and I'm glad you didnt catch the vd's from a dj groupie =)
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

so if I wanna get apple care now... I gotta replace the screen.. ??? any mac boy fans around hea.... lol ..
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

The screen isn't covered by warranty anyway, so…you're going to have to buy one regardless of what happens.

Anyway…

You went to them because something dumb happened; they said that there was no damage and then discontinued your warranty for abusing the computer.

If it just expired, that's what's supposed to happen…if you're going to, you have to buy apple care during the normal warranty period. But if they actually cancelled your warranty for 'abuse' that they claim didn't damage anything that was covered by warranty anyway, that's not right. And, it's not the way good Apple stores work.

I went in at one point having accidentally poured a bottle of ink into my macbook. I shut it off immediately and made an appointment for the following day. They checked it for me, and the liquid didn't get past the keyboard. Also, the Genius (service tech) "broke my top case" taking the computer apart to check it, so they gave me a new one. And my warranty stayed in tact.

Maybe he was flirting with me, I don't know. But your experience is not in line with the service I've received nor what I would expect for their prices.

Check on consumerist.com for contact information for the executive customer support team (PM me if you can't find it). Tell them what happened and that you weren't satisfied with the service you received at the apple store (tell them which one). Be honest, and don't expect a miracle, since the computer was dropped. But…those guys can and do work miracles.
    Last edited by mostapha; 02-12-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Simply because of shit like this is why I go to BestBuy. I paid $300 or so for my coverage on my $1000 MacBook Pro. The reason being, they cover everything for three years. From me driving over my macbook pro to taking it for a swim in huntington beach.

Sorry that that happened though, that really blows. Did she atleast give you a little something something for fking up your MacBook?

Tech Guru

Was she holding your Mac while you were playing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahp8zjSK0X4

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post

Maybe he was flirting with me, I don't know. But your experience is not in line with the service I've received nor what I would expect for their prices.
    You were prolly given special treatment because someone(s) thought you were cute no offense but techs love to do this. At least most the techs I know who work there. The only thing they love to do more than this is to drop by for some onsite troubleshooting for free of course but don't mention it we don't do that for just anybody. :eek:
    I watched some techs fix out of warranty stuff or stuff that wasn't covered just because they thought they had a shot with the cute girl with the macbook that just stopped working and she had no idea why. When you open it thou you find half of her cat in there because "it's her favorite spot to sleep". I love apple products they really do simplify a lot of things but there retail chains suck.
    Last edited by bartboy; 02-13-2011 at 12:25 AM.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Simply because of shit like this is why I go to BestBuy. I paid $300 or so for my coverage on my $1000 MacBook Pro. The reason being, they cover everything for three years. From me driving over my macbook pro to taking it for a swim in huntington beach.

Sorry that that happened though, that really blows. Did she atleast give you a little something something for fking up your MacBook?
    HP Envy comes with 2 years standard premium warranty standard
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    HP Envy comes with 2 years standard premium warranty standard
    i swear you're a moonlighting online marketer for HP's Envy line!

having said that, it's quite refreshing to read it in amongst all the apple fanboy talk and blatant "just get a mac" answer to most questions posted on this good 'ole forum.

..oh and in response to the OP, and any one else worried about this happening to them - GET INSURANCE!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast