Traktor Pro 2, Kontrol S4, and new midi map?

Default Traktor Pro 2, Kontrol S4, and new midi map?

Hi guys,

Please excuse my ignorance if this has been asked before but I was wondering will DJTT be releasing custom midi maps to operate with TP2 and the S4?

By this I mean mappings similar to Ean's VCI-100 fader fx mode and the many midifighter mappings designed to control effects, cue point juggles and transport. Ideally I would like to wait until the release of TP2 before buying an S4 but it would be great to know in advance if there are plans of custom midi mappings for this controller.

Thanks

that is kind of half the point of this site, right?

Tech Guru

So your asking more for mappings for other controllers? The s4 will have a very integrated mapping for the TSP2 software....

The use of the job wheel for effects was developed by NI wasn't it? Maybe it was just something I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    that is kind of half the point of this site, right?
    Very helpful Joseph. Thank you tremendously for your informative contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    So your asking more for mappings for other controllers? The s4 will have a very integrated mapping for the TSP2 software....
    Yes you are correct I am inquiring about an additional number of mappings for more controllers, specifically the S4. I am sure you are also correct in saying that the S4 will have a very integrated mapping with the new traktor software as they are both made by native instruments. In my original post however I asked if there is any word on a mapping designed by DJTT. Perhaps you should reread when you get an opportunity.

For example in the NI product video link below Ean Golden is performing on an S4 system in which the jog wheels are remapped to control effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4DUUDw3mww

Looking at the front of the controller I see that there are a total of eight cue point juggles, four on either deck. The current version of traktor supports 8 cues on each deck and as far as I know TP2 will also have this function. This is also a function which has been remapped by DJTT in previous controllers.

These are the types of functions for which I am inquiring about alternative mappings which, to the best of my knowledge, are not integrated in the S4 default mapping.

This latent animosity on the other hand, Im not sure if it is the result of fans of NI trying to defend their product despite it not needing any or maybe its some cultural thing in Atlanta, but it does not satisfy my query.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Modus Operandi; 02-13-2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: HTML error

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Dude, you can use the Jog Wheels in FX mode so you can control the 3rd Parameter of an FX unit.

There is also a Filter Mode so you can control the Main Deck Filter.

Are you waiting to get an S4 ?

Tech Guru

Ok, so I reread the post and I think karlos answered your question concerning the jogs...i think that was also answered like 10 times in the comments on that youtube vid. Thats how I heard about it.

Also, the mapping files for the current midifighters should be fairly compatible with the new version of traktor, concerning the fx combos. The only thing that I think alot of ppl will need to think about is controlling the new sample deck features with an external controllers. There are parameters on the s4 that can control volume and filter but I don't know if these work for each individual deck...someone could clarify that for me

/edit: just watched the video closer and hes using his saved loop buttons as the other 4 cues for each deck.

Don't think there is any custom mapping in that video, atleast nothing that can't be selected in preferences of the s4...again all of this should be the same in TSP2
    Last edited by Rukks; 02-13-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Thank you both I did not know that

"the s4 jogwheels have been remapped to control effects" - NI video

"remapped"

I read remapped as if it was a custom mapping not offered on the box preset

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Dude, you can use the Jog Wheels in FX mode so you can control the 3rd Parameter of an FX unit.

There is also a Filter Mode so you can control the Main Deck Filter.

Are you waiting to get an S4 ?

Hello
    I have a question i will setup the jogwheels for the FX Control
    How does this work?
    Who can i found the settings or need the traktor a user mapping?
    When i need a mapping who can i find this?
    i have search in the internet but i can not found informations to the settings

Thanks for the help and greetings from germany
    Sascha