Need to buy cheap monitors

Default Need to buy cheap monitors

Hi I need to buy some monitors, but I don't know anything about monitors. I just need them for at home but if I can use them at gigs it'll be great.

Tech Guru

you gotta be more specific bruh.

Tech Student

yeah id like to get in on this too, active monitors for home use, preferably around the 150W

Hard to give specific recommendations without a budget since that will be the limiting factor.

However, I can suggest Craigslist as your best friend and the first place to look. I noticed that the TS is from Denmark and that CL isn't what it is here so I suggest finding something similar. Classified ads targeting musicians would be a good place to start.

I just picked up a set of gen 1 Rokit 8s for $200. They weren't DJs but musicians who were selling some stuff out of their studio.

Hope that helps.

These are apparently very good entry level monitors

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CH4Q8wIwAA#
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

Tech Wizard

i would not get the m audios recommended above. i have been on the look out for budget monitors for a long time. and heres what i have found to be good but still fairly cheap. first two are my favorite budget monitors. i plan on getting the krk rp6's and the prodipe pro 10s sub.

krk rp6
    ikey 606
    alesis m1 mkII (i was going to get these, but i read some people were having amp failures)
    prodipe pro5/8
    behringer truths
    15" MacBook Pro (HR AG, 2.4gHz Q i7, 8GB RAM, SSD + HDD) | Focusrite Saffire 6 | VCI-100 | Oxygen25 |PadKontrol | Ultrasone Pro 900's | Logic 9 | Reason 6 | Traktor LE