I hate niggly little things!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I hate niggly little things!

Have my VCI-100 hooked up to my custom-built power PC for practicing etc. Just hooked up it up to my laptop now, and things like the slices but are slightly different in timing, meaning I have to re-get used to the new timing in order to play live!

Frickin' technology!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

That would be you latency, try and see if you can adjust it to be more/less responsive to match what you are used to.

... really? Is the thread name pertaining to what I think it is?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Hey guys just for clarification for the non UK crowd, the word "niggly" means fiddly, hard to reach, hard to manipulate or small deviations from the norm that can upset the balance.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/niggly

It is not derived from any offensive term and should not be confused with such.

Bloody British language eh...

speaking of

what is a 'faff'?

same thing?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

So someone who niggles a lot is a niggler?

So, I understand the UK/non-UK divide and I'll let the title pass, but was the last comment really necessary?
    Stanton t.52, Staton t.62, Stanton m.212 mixer, Akai MPD24, Akai MPK25, TSP, MIDI Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    speaking of

what is a 'faff'?

same thing?
    If someone is wasting time, not getting on with something they are "Faffing around".
    Example: "Stop faffing around with your make up and get in the fucking car woman"

If you cannot be arsed with doing a lot of little pointless jobs you "cannot be arsed with all the faff"

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    So someone who niggles a lot is a niggler?
    Hmm, not quite correct this one. Something is "niggly", not sure someone can be niggly.

A situtation can be a bit niggly. As in, its a bit tricky.
    Example:"Id like to go to the club but it might be a but niggly as my ex-girlfriend is going"

Quote Originally Posted by Sano Insano View Post
    So, I understand the UK/non-UK divide and I'll let the title pass, but was the last comment really necessary?
    Look guys, you are taking a completely different word and confusing it with another just because it has similar letters.

There is no bad content in this.

So, lets move back on topic before people get more confused and take things in a bad direction.

If anyone was to use Racist terms on this forum they would have my considerable Nike SB stuck in their dirty throat.

No offence intended people! Niggly, to me, as someone who lives in the UK (even though my first language is Welsh and second language is English), simply means fiddly.

If something is niggling, then it's frustrating/fiddly. So, a niggly thing is something that's fiddly to work out.

No offence to anyone intended, just someone parts of the English language (though it's my second language) didn't make it over the ocean obviously!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast