S4 channel LEDs vs Traktor mixer LEDs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default S4 channel LEDs vs Traktor mixer LEDs

While I'm 99% delighted with my S4, the one issue that bothers me most is the S4's channel volume LEDs. Well, the LEDs work just fine it's just the fact that there are only seven lights which I find virtually useless when compared to the much higher resolution on-screen readout when checking track volume levels before a mix.

Does anyone have any workarounds for this? I'd really like to disable the on-screen channel volume/eq section.

O_0
    I'd really like to disable the on-screen channel volume/eq section.
    Preferences > Mixer > Mixer Layout: EQ + Fader?

Quote Originally Posted by alexndr View Post
    O_0

Preferences > Mixer > Mixer Layout: EQ + Fader?
    My point was that I can't rely solely on the pitiful hardware volume readouts and need to use the far more intuitive on-screen readouts instead, which I think is a waste of screen real estate.

My question is; how do others deal with this?

EDIT ::

I think the best way to get the answer I'm looking for is to ask a different question :

Do you guys find the channel volume LEDs on the S4 to be adequate to match volumes during a live set?
    Last edited by Threefeet; 02-14-2011 at 03:20 AM.

No I'm not really a fan of them either. I want more and I would have liked a yellow/orange LED before the red as I'm either clipping or not. I like having a bit of give.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I have to say that the Channel LEDs have always been useless in Traktor.

I just dont use them.

They suck, plain and simple in my opinion. I don't think the hardware LEDs correlate very well at all with the actual signal level or timing.

i have the track gain level listed on the deck view. so with a quick glance, i know how loud it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    No I'm not really a fan of them either. I want more and I would have liked a yellow/orange LED before the red as I'm either clipping or not. I like having a bit of give.
    True, at least it would help make the best of a cheap design!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I have to say that the Channel LEDs have always been useless in Traktor.

I just dont use them.
    I haven't found them to be too bad personally except for the giant faders that block the lights where I find they are most needed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    They suck, plain and simple in my opinion. I don't think the hardware LEDs correlate very well at all with the actual signal level or timing.
    I'd wondered was I noticing a delay in the LEDs too, it's hard to tell when the lights spill over into neighbouring light's area like crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cerna View Post
    i have the track gain level listed on the deck view. so with a quick glance, i know how loud it is.
    But isn't that just how much you've adjusted the gain from 0 though no? I didn't think it showed the actual output levels.

sebastiannz

I basically only use the channel LEDs to check that the track only rarely hits the red. Is this how everyone else uses them? Would also have liked a bit of a graduated LED display (e.g. yellow)...but you can't have everything I guess :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiannz View Post
    I basically only use the channel LEDs to check that the track only rarely hits the red. Is this how everyone else uses them? Would also have liked a bit of a graduated LED display (e.g. yellow)...but you can't have everything I guess :-)
    It's all they're good for I suppose I wouldn't really be too bothered with more colours if they had added more LEDs and separated them better! I wasn't really expecting everything but for nearly 900 euros I did expect a little more.

Still, these are minor niggles compared to the deliciousness that is the S4 altogether

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast