Running 2 soundcards. Traktor/Ableton

Default Running 2 soundcards. Traktor/Ableton

So the past 2 fridays i've been running 2 soundcards at my gig. An Audio 4 hooked up to TSP, and an Audio 2 with Ableton live; and it works perfectly.
    I'm using control vinyl and a little custom built controller with Traktor, with my latency at 10ms. And my launchpad with ableton, also at 10ms. I also have a midi channel in my live set that sends midi to traktor over midi yoke, and since i do my live performances in User Mode 2 on the launchpad, i use User Mode 1 and my midi-to-traktor channel for even more control over traktor.
    I have to say this is my favorite setup to date.
    I do all of this on my Asus laptop with a 2.2GHz Dual Core and 4Gb of ram. I doubt i could run an ableton set with a bunch of plug-in's up and running and still have such good performance, but i use it for triggering samples and "finger-boxing" and it works great.

I plan on shooting a video of this setup soon, until then you'll be able to see me using it at Midi Fight Club Miami this Saturday.

Let me know if any of you are using similar setups, or have thought about trying one out.

Tech Student

Default Help with the connetions

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    So the past 2 fridays i've been running 2 soundcards at my gig. An Audio 4 hooked up to TSP, and an Audio 2 with Ableton live; and it works perfectly.
    I'm using control vinyl and a little custom built controller with Traktor, with my latency at 10ms. And my launchpad with ableton, also at 10ms. I also have a midi channel in my live set that sends midi to traktor over midi yoke, and since i do my live performances in User Mode 2 on the launchpad, i use User Mode 1 and my midi-to-traktor channel for even more control over traktor.
    I have to say this is my favorite setup to date.
    I do all of this on my Asus laptop with a 2.2GHz Dual Core and 4Gb of ram. I doubt i could run an ableton set with a bunch of plug-in's up and running and still have such good performance, but i use it for triggering samples and "finger-boxing" and it works great.

I plan on shooting a video of this setup soon, until then you'll be able to see me using it at Midi Fight Club Miami this Saturday.

Let me know if any of you are using similar setups, or have thought about trying one out.

Can you please explain how do you connect que soundcards?
    Thanks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I was always finding Traktor clock to be more stable than Ableton with one comp setup and midi yoke.