Maschine and S4 synced on one system
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Maschine and S4 synced on one system

Hi,

I synced the S4 and Maschine on one system just like it is described on trektorbible.com but I have one issue. Im not able to kontroll the "play" function on maschine. When I press the play button on the midiclock in traktor machine automatically starts playing (runs trhrough the steps in step mode) and I am not able to stop it. Any suggestions? This might be a stupid question, but Im not all that experienced with midi clocks and tempo sync.

Another thing; Is it possible to turn the Midiclock back to automatic from master after I`ve made the initial sync?

this is normal and cant be changed afaik.. you can use the "snyc" button under the master clock tab in traktor to sync the phase, but machine always is in play mode.. just mute and unmute sounds or groups you want to add..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

Ok, but is there a way to skip to the start of the loop from Maschine while playing?

dunno if i understand you correctly..
    you dont want machine to play anything when syncing to traktor? just mute every group..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

My point is that when Im playing a song on the S4, lets say I then wanna start a loop from Maschine, If MAschine is playing constantly the count might be wrong. 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4....how do i skip to 1 on maschine? The start of the loop or scene or whatever you call it if its playing contantly? Do u get my point? Sorry for the extremely illiterate language!

Tech Mentor

i think you have to hit snyc right before you get to the 1st beat but not 100% sure
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Tech Wizard

Weltraumpapst, any thoughts on this?

I'm kind of confused about what exactly it is that you want out of stopping and starting a pattern that is looping constantly in Maschine along with a track playing through Traktor, I guess.

I haven't run both Maschine and Traktor together a lot, and when I have, its been mostly to provide temporary backbeats or trigger samples, or to mix in and out of for transitions.

I'd suggest that you try setting up scenes in Maschine, and check the "retrigger" button in the scene builder, and set your increment to whatever will be useful (it goes from Scene all the way down to 1/8). This way, by using an empty scene, or even just by starting the same scene over again, you can begin at bar 1/beat 1 at any time.

I should mention that an empty scene in Maschine actually does have to have notes in it, in order to play, but they can be a sound set to an extremely low velocity, or you can even use a wav file that is actually just silence, and then draw in a note that plays for a bar, drop that pattern into a scene, and you have a silent scene you can use to "mute" your Maschine project.

Tech Wizard

Quote: by starting the same scene over again, you can begin at bar 1/beat 1 at any time.

How do I retrigger a scene/sample? That is exactly what I am wondering about

Tech Wizard

And can I switch back to auto on the master clock after performing initial synch?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast