Traktor Playlists / Serato Crates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Playlists / Serato Crates

Ok, so you know how you can create crates in Serato and organise tracks on a USB stick and then when you plug that usb stick into someone elses computer the crate pops up... is there a way of doing this in traktor.

Ie, can someone else prep their tracks at home on their own traktor and then bring a usb stick to my computer, plug it in and organised playlist appears in Trakror?

I had a search and a little fiddle but can't work it out...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

every time i try to play tracks i gridded in serato or itch in traktor, i always here effed up squeaks and high pitch noises when i play the track in traktor.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

MAx - yup. Dead easy.

Create your playlist in Traktor, export it to your USB stick, making sure you include the tracks as well as the playlist, then plug it into your mates machine and go to explorer on the right hand side ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Yeah man just worked it out.

Basically no need to put the tracks on usb first.

I use itunes, so first i import that into traktor using import to playlist.

Then export that playlist to the usb stick and make sure "copy tracks to destination" .

Then in traktor click import playlist and import the .nml playlist file that is on the usb stick with all the tunes.

Was pretty easy

I do prefer the way serato handles it though. You can create folders and playlists within and move those on usb stick
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Yeah man just worked it out.

Basically no need to put the tracks on usb first.

I use itunes, so first i import that into traktor using import to playlist.

Then export that playlist to the usb stick and make sure "copy tracks to destination" .

Then in traktor click import playlist and import the .nml playlist file that is on the usb stick with all the tunes.

Was pretty easy

I do prefer the way serato handles it though. You can create folders and playlists within and move those on usb stick
    It still doesn't make sense to me - maybe I need it explaining like I'm a three year old.

I want to take my traktor pro playlists and open them up in Serato, on the same macbook pro - why am I need ing seperate USB devices, surely there's a way to do it?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can go Serato to Traktor, but not the other way around as far as I know.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    You can go Serato to Traktor, but not the other way around as far as I know.
    Does that include beat grids?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Here's the DJTT article and a link to the NI tool, but after reading some stuff on the NI forum it looks like the latest version of SSL broke the tool.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/01/0...ns-to-traktor/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Thanks Chris. Any idea if the tools is broken for Itch -> Traktor?

Tech Student

That's my question as I've got itch and a very/extremely underused NS7 - I'm wanting to give the NS7 a run out at a gig next weekend but am groaning at the thought of recreating my traktor folders from scratch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast