What do people use to make their mixes?

Default What do people use to make their mixes?

Just curious what software people use.

Do you use a live setup, like Traktor Pro or vinyl decks and record the session, or do you use a more mastering/timeline/linear sequencer software and take time to match up, edit a master each mix in something like Ableton.

Just wondering what people use to create their mixes, more out of curiousity than anything.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Traktor. If I don't mix it manually (no relation to sync/beatmatch) I feel it's not my mixtape. Some things just come naturally when you do a live recording

Tech Mentor

I use traktor. But i believe this question has already been asked. It seems a few ppl here have to crank out a decent number of (promo) mixes. Those folks sometimes argue in favor of mixmeister or ableton (because it's easier to generate "perfect" mixes with those).