RE: Time to clean up the comments...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default RE: Time to clean up the comments...

DJTT,

I've been a long time reader of DJTT and have personally had mixed responses to this recent change in policy. I came across this talk, and found it to be applicable and insightful to the recent decisions made regarding censorship on this website (specifically, see the section starting at the 12:25 mark, though the entire video is worth watching)

http://www.ted.com/talks/clay_shirky...e_history.html

Just some food for thought...

-Butters

It's to remove the unproductive crap where people just insult each other. And by liking a comment that reflects your opinion on the article they get a feel for what kind of articles to run...

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

I support the decision to clean up the comments. God forbid the comments here end up going the YouTube route.

Nothing productive comes of that kind of incessant flaming and shit talking. Actually, the lack of flaming on the boards here is one of the first things I noticed and really liked.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

There's one thing I genuinely don't get concerning the comments on sites like this or others. Whenever someone decides to moderate or restrict comments, there's always a bunch of people complaining about "censorship". Frankly, they do not have the slightest idea about what they are actually saying. Ask someone who lives in a dictatorship country, where people are being imprisoned for writing the wrong books or blogs, how they think about your concept of censorship.

I mean, let's be honest, there may be many places on the internet where free speech and freedom of information, whatever it's topic it may be, are the top priority. But the reality is, the net in general is not an overall publicly owned space without rules. If I go some place in the real world, there are rules to follow, too. And if someone decides to piss on my office carpet or insult my guests, i'll want to have the right to kick him out and not let him back in next time. Why should anyone act differently on his website?

I wish there were a dislike button so you could get rid of the timewasters and trolls.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I wish there were a dislike button so you could get rid of the timewasters and trolls.
    comments? or this thread?

SoundCloud

Tech Guru

"dislike" can be messed with "I don't agree with you but you made your point" opinions...

A lot of opinions can be unique and need to be shown to provoke a nice discussion, but when people start to hit "dislike" to people that make a good point but only a small part of the people agree, then we have a community driven censorship.

I think that only like button is the way to go...

I think we should ignore this, and assume the OP only posted here as didn't have the sack to email direct...

SoundCloud

Tech Guru

This isn't DramaTechTools!

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    It's to remove the unproductive crap where people just insult each other. And by liking a comment that reflects your opinion on the article they get a feel for what kind of articles to run...
    Unproductive crap like your polls?

hosnap.
    Vestax Spin | Kontrol x1 | Traktor Pro | 13" Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4 GB RAM | Mac Pro w/ 2 Quad Core 2.8 Ghz 6GB RAM 1TB HDD | HDJ-1000

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast