numark mixtrack and soundcard
    Tech Student

Default numark mixtrack and soundcard

hows it going there people am very new to the digital mixing scene i recently purchased mixtrack and traktor le, i know now that i need an external sound card to que the next track but can anyone tell me if there is a cheaper card to use other than the dj io from numark any help appreciated .......

Tech Guru

I was in the same boat, budget DJ.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/External-Adapter-Desktop-Notebook-Laptop/dp/B0019SVUQK"]Amazon.com: External 5.1 USB 3D Audio Sound Card Adapter for PC Desktop Notebook Laptop: Everything Else@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BmlogMtWL.@@AMEPARAM@@41%2BmlogMtWL[/ame]

Tech Wizard

I'm selling my DJ IO for $55. Not sure if that's cheap enough for you.
    Wanted: Traktor Kontrol Z2

Current: Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Numark 5000 FX, Technics 1200 M3D, Technics 1200 MK2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Peavey XR 684, (2) MTX TP1200, Sony MDR-V700

Tech Student

cheers for the help guys will giv the amazon one a go n see how i get on am sure u will i will chat to u again thks .........

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by deviantdigi View Post
    Hi sorry,
    I know this is an old thread but I'm having issues. I have the 5.1 surrioud sound sound card (quoted above). I am unable to use it to cue. I go through all options on Virtual Dj Pro, Headphones (2 cards, [my computers output] then my [external soundcard]. I have the Mixtrack I wanna be able to cue songs through it. Can someone please tell me the setup so I can have 1 song playing through my speakers and 1 playing through my headphones, I can get 1 playing through headphones..but I am then unable to transfer that to the speakers for when i need it.
    I can re explain this if you don't understand haha
    Chris.

honestly man? doing it the cheap way will always give you headaches..

you prob paid 20-30 bucks for a cheap usb soundcard that you cant get to work, whereas if you would buy a decent starter soundcard ie, Audio 2 or DJ-i/o (or something along those lines) youd prob accomlish what you want with little headache (as i dont believe the card you bought was designed with what you are trying to do in mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Student

hey,
    I just wanna be able to cue..if i wanted the big ass $100 soundcard..id have bought the pro, im just trying to que through headphones then play on speakers.

Tech Mentor

in all honesty good luck finding a usable sound card for less than $100 just get yourself and audio 2 DJ from NI
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

If you get the audio2 you will be happy with it for a long time...it's well built and sounds great...probably the one piece of your system you shouldn't skimp on...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal