Need Help First real controller
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Need Help First real controller

Well I need help and been running around trying to find out what controller I should get since i'm going into the club scene pretty much head on. I just dont know what controller i should get since I dunno how much space I will usually have since the stuff im starting out with seems to be raves. i just dont wanna show up with some crappy controller, Willing to spend about $800 on one i do have my eyes on the DN-MC6000 since it's also a standalone mixer but still unsure.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Guru

why would you need the analogue mixer, if you don't mind asking ?

Quote Originally Posted by knaumov View Post
    why would you need the analogue mixer, if you don't mind asking ?
    Also do plan on doing gigs outside for parties at other events that dont pay but I hear the tips are awesome like 1 guy got $300 in a night of just tips. My other thought was getting an Audio2DJ and an APC40 and mapping that to traktor. =.= still so unsure
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    Well I need help and been running around trying to find out what controller I should get since i'm going into the club scene pretty much head on.
    So you have DJ experience, right?

If you're willing to drop about $800 on the controller itself, i'd suggest an S4 personally, but thats just my opinion. It seems to have all the bases covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post

If you're willing to drop about $800 on the controller itself, i'd suggest an S4 personally, but thats just my opinion. It seems to have all the bases covered.
    My only gripe about it is the strange windows behavior I been reading about and that there's a huge issue with the builtin sound with windows and it not working right, then again I did read that other audio cards with the S4 seem to fix all the issues. kinda a bummer since you would need more stuff plugged in to get it working.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

+1 on the s4
    Its beast!

Does anyone know how well it runs on an AMD Turion II?
    Current laptop is
    HP G62
    Turion II 2.5GHz Dual core
    4GB DDR3 Ram

My usb port that sits by its self on the right hand side has major data transfer issues but I still have the other 2 that still work right. I have had traktor running smoothly on this machine for a long while and DPC latency shows no issues just inda skeptical on how it would run on an AMD based system, Dont wanna drop like $1000 and have it just not work
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

Take a look at this post by SmiTTTen. It's in depth on his setup for his S4 on his PC. I mean, it's IN DEPTH.

Here's the thread: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23335

I'd also talk to Tekki as he uses an S4 with PC as well. However, I use mine with my Mac and have never had problems like that before.

And just curious, you have previous DJing experience right?

Tech Guru

LOL

S4 is my choice too, but I KNOW that I don't need analogue mixer in my controller. At least there's no controller with analogue mixer that I like as much as the S4.

NS6 is a great potential alternative with analogue mixer, but it's not as good for Traktor as the S4 is.

The MC6000 is great, but it's focused for mobile professionals mostly - weddings, corporate events, etc. Two mic ins, powerful booth out, 4 analogue inputs for attaching other gear. It really is feature rich, but as a controller, it gives a more basic set controls over the software.

The S4 is, if I could say it this way, a more creative tool focused on the pleasure of sound manipulation. It has better layout and allows control of more features. If you really need to extend the I/O options, you can just add a live mixing board such as http://www.decks.co.uk/products/mackie/802VLZ3

Since you are on Windows, it's best to find a way to test how the S4 drivers will work on your laptop before buying. But hey - it won't be the OS' fault, it'd be the user

Take a look at this post by SmiTTTen. It's in depth on his setup for his S4 on his PC. I mean, it's IN DEPTH.

Here's the thread: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23335

I'd also talk to Tekki as he uses an S4 with PC as well. However, I use mine with my Mac and have never had problems like that before.

And just curious, you have previous DJing experience right?
    out side my house no not really except when i went to a friend's house to talk to a promoter which I impressed. But have been mixing the past few years with trance music and practiced everyday and been also getting feedback from friends and family and friends that also go to raves and what not. I need something to further expand my options than my MP3e2
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast