USB Audio

Thread: USB Audio

Default USB Audio

Ok so I ran into a hiccup when testing my usb ports (>.> making me wanna just save up to buy a mac first before an S4) so onto the issues.

1. Plugged in usb sound device into 2nd usb port and had my mp3e2 on the 1s one but it would drop out every now and then with the main going through my onboard and monitor through usb card. mind you that there was no latency spikes nor cpu spikes even after I disabled all the useless junk.

2. Same thing but now using a usb hub, WORKED.... till the 2nd song came in and then the onboard went to hell with static ಠ_ಠ trying everything I can, any and all advice is wanted.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

1. This doesn't appear to be a pc vs. mac issue as there are plenty of folks running PCs without dropouts. This sounds like an issue with your particular machine (which you haven't named)

2. "usb sound device"??? unless you provide more detail, you won't get much help with this one. Personally, I'd get an NI audio interface if you don't already have one.

Is your USB hub powered?

A little more detail goes a long way when asking for troubleshooting help.

And yes... you are correct... "It's not the OS, it's the user"

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

If it reads "usb sound device" then you are using generic drivers, get the specific ones for your card or ASIO.

G62-367DX AMD Turion II

And it was a Diamond Tech usb sound card, was using Asio4all
    And yes my usb hub is powered.

Im trying something completely new which is restored it to factory default and uninstalled all the crap it has.
    There was an issue with the laptop literally freezing all operations for a split second, could have been crap drivers or something but I decided to restore since I hadnt done much and all my stuff is backed up anyways. Laptop is running smooth now... for now =p still have yet to turn off the cam and whatnot but wifi is off.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    still have yet to turn off the cam and whatnot but wifi is off.
    Web cams are the source of a lot of problems. I would turn it off unless you plan on broadcasting your sets to ustream or something. Also i've read some stuff about AMD's and how the handle intensive audio. I don't pretend to understand most of it and it may not have anything to do with your problem, just putting it out there.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Web cams are the source of a lot of problems. I would turn it off unless you plan on broadcasting your sets to ustream or something. Also i've read some stuff about AMD's and how the handle intensive audio. I don't pretend to understand most of it and it may not have anything to do with your problem, just putting it out there.
    Funny thing is is that my Desktop is an amd system that runs fine till it gets to the asio4all drivers which make it BSOD but laptop is able to use the Asio4all with no problems.... except that routing which now that i think about it it HAS to be the fact that it doesnt like onboard card when another stream is going through the usb, my desktop has the same static problem although as for the dropout issue from before, lets hope thats gone now
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

Try disabling the onboard soundcard when you are using your external soundcard. You can do this in Device Manager (should be somewhere in your configuration panel and requires a restart). Windows isn't as "audio friendly" as OSX and doesn't like multiple soundcards enabled at once.
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

If you're using an onboard soundcard in conjunction with USB audio, you're just asking for trouble if you ask me...
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl