Flip the fader, flip the fader, flip the PAN pot??? er what ..does anyone use pan??
    Tech Mentor

Default Flip the fader, flip the fader, flip the PAN pot??? er what ..does anyone use pan??

Flip the fader, flip the fader, flip the PAN pot??? er what ..does anyone use pan??

I just bought a VCI 100 Mk2

really great layout but PAN POT at the bottom of the EQ?

I keep panning left when i go to kill the bass :eek::eek:

Does anyone use pan creatively...am i missing something here

Cheers

meh, remap the EQs to use that knob and either use 4 band EQ or think of a function for the other knob.

I never use pan, I vote dj 5 dolla holla airhorn effect knob.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

can be used creatively... not something i've really done that much.

can be fun with filter sweeps, if you get a nice big swooshy one going and throw it off to the side as it goes...?

also seen where a guy has had 2 tracks running then threw one left and one right during the transition, can be effective if used right.

basically i think what i'm driving it is, that it can be used give a sense of movement within a mix.

or fuck it off for a super knob... or key correction, that can be used effectively

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by l0rdr0ck View Post
    ...i almost never pan the master, this i can understand.

I have many real uses of left/right panning. I'm sorta boggled no one uses pan?? There are so many uses of a left right pan.

Sometimes i pan one channel back and forth as i mix it into another channel.

Sometimes i take two songs i have in mix and phase one left and one right then re-converge to center.

Sometimes i use a track with a sine wav sample and like to pan it around left right with a transform cut.

Sometimes i use two copies of the same track, slip the track by a beat, pan it around to highlight.

It also occurs to me how much more i have been using pan and effects with Traktor,
    the looping paradigm, and hot cues has really allowed me to use snips of audio to
    creative effect, in ways i didn't have physical time to do with vinyl in the early days.
    things nearly physically impossible to achieve with two hands.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by RD444 View Post

I just bought a VCI 100 Mk2
    Finally got rid of your dreaded Reloop!!?? I can't believe the experiences you had. I hope you find peace with your new VCI!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

pan is great !!!

(old songs, example Beatles, got often "2Channel" Records, one Channel Lyric/one channel music )

Free Acapella
    AsusG2S - MBP13" - Touchscreen - Audio4 - S4 - BCR2000 - 2xLPD8 - Nano - TPro(S4) - Live8
    addicted to: Lyre le Temps Faithless Parov Stelar Paul Kalkbrenner Death in Vegas Fatboy Slim GS

Tech Guru

I pan if i'm at home, never used it playing out since i'm quite sure every system i've used has been in Mono.

I guess with a recording mix for listening it would make sense, but the thought never occured to me.

UI do but always over another effect like filter, flanger or echo on a low setting

I kind of slowley drop the sound befor the end of a break with one of the said effecs and pan the last 4 beats while bringing the sound back, it has to be done right or it sounds crap mind an I also try and work it so its not over kill for what ever tune is playing, the more energy the tune has the quicker the pan need to switch, some times quickley chop the sound out then back for the kick off
    Last edited by Digi; 02-15-2011 at 03:42 PM.