Best External Hard Drive?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Western Digital all the way. Though Samsung is also in my trusted book.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Wizard

Go for it. I just bought this a few months back and love it. It was recommended by a fellow DJ I know and trust as well. Make sure to get 7200rpm.

I've got the Seagate 500GB. It looks solid, feels solid and cost me only $79 with a protective pouch and dock.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Tech Mentor

Default Looks Great

It looks like you picked out a winner there or at least a great one was recommended to you. I had never heard of that one when I was doing my research & trying to decide. I might have picked it over the G Drive mini that I have now.

I do like the external HD I have now though. I guess I could possibly be considered a Mac Fanboy, so I wanted something that would work right out of the box with my laptop. And I would also add to what others have said and get one that spins @ 7200. Looks like you have had previous experience b4 with externals though.

Tech Student

i talked to people who work in tekserve (big mac store in nyc) and the only drive's pro tools recommends are the Glyth Drives and i asked what they thought and they said with other drives u get upto 20 a week in here for repair ,where as the Glyth we get 4 a year...i've had many drives and i just started using Glyth and fingers crossed...plus i think there lifetime warranty on them.

I love my Seagate. It's the 2TB USB3.0 one. Picked it up for $74 .

Quote Originally Posted by TCasey View Post
    i talked to people who work in tekserve (big mac store in nyc) and the only drive's pro tools recommends are the Glyth Drives and i asked what they thought and they said with other drives u get upto 20 a week in here for repair ,where as the Glyth we get 4 a year...i've had many drives and i just started using Glyth and fingers crossed...plus i think there lifetime warranty on them.
    Don't forget about market saturation...if you sell 100 a month of brand x as compared to maybe 5 a month, then the return rates will be different.

(I obviously made up these numbers)

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by TCasey View Post
    +10000

I use a pair of portagig 62's with 2 500gb Seagates inside, running RAID-1.

Great piece of kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    I love my Seagate. It's the 2TB USB3.0 one. Picked it up for $74 .
    Sheizer! Where did you pick up such a sweet deal? :eek:

I got mine at Office Depot and I thought I was getting a good deal, but it looks like you the winner here bro.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bodega Brad View Post
    Hello All - About to purchase a new external HDD and wanted your opinions on the "best" out there. Searched the forum but couldn't find what I was looking for. I have my eye on one of these...
    http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/firewire/on-the-go

I own 2 of these... works great!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast