Post Photos of Your MOD Gear HERE - Page 40
Page 40 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Not much of a mod but I decided to post it anyway. I was having problems seeing the pads in dark clubs etc. Used some pin striping to highlight the pads

ok finally here we go ... VCI updated with fat filter knobs... and fat FX knobs too while we're at it....

Default M-Audio X Session, Tequila sunrise edition

Picked this up for $35 yesterday. Tossed some paint on there. Much better than that god awful oem grey color. I also put on the knobs from my Kontrol S4

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cerna View Post
    Picked this up for $35 yesterday. Tossed some paint on there. Much better than that god awful oem grey color. I also put on the knobs from my Kontrol S4
    That looks pretty tight. I think I might take a stab at something like that. The Traktor sticker in the faders would have looked badass over the power light but I like it anyway

Isn't it funny that you can pick one of those up for so cheap and it'll work fine in a pinch? What are you gonna use it for?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cerna View Post

How u like that thing? Ive been thinking about grabbing one.
    Equipment------
    --HP Dv6T Select Editon. i5 6gb DDR3, backlit keys and touchscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    Isn't it funny that you can pick one of those up for so cheap and it'll work fine in a pinch? What are you gonna use it for?
    yea for $35 bucks right? not bad imo.

i wanted to strip the faders and the pots off and use them in a diy project. but, after taking the top off, i noticed everything is soldered onto the board. so, i will save myself the effort and use it for traktor in some way. i'm picking up my midi fighter tomorrow, so this xsession + midi fighter + kontrol s4 seems like just what i need at this point.

right now, i've been using my s4 with my denon midi controller to get used to traktor. but the midi fighter will take care of what i've been doing on the denon and with an easier time on the button end. the x session will give me that added extra with those faders so i can make those super knobs and faders for the effects i'm using.
    Last edited by Jason Cerna; 02-24-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Tech Wizard

@jason

ive always wanted to pick up some cheap-o crappy usb controller and pull the buttons/knobs/faders and throw them into a custom enclosure or something.
    aka something smaller.

the x-sessions pro is great for hotel rooms and such where you don't feel like bringing your gear -- just a computer, x sessions, and a sound card and you're rocking it. well, and a speaker or two, but you can plug into the TV in a pinch. Even with an S4 laying around you will probably find a chance to use this once in a while. And damn you did a nice job with the paint!

Thanks. It was originally just red and white and I wasn't happy with it. So, I added a tiny bit of orange.

I used Montana Gold for the paint.

Since I didn't want to cannibalize the parts, I also felt like this controller would will work well paired with my midi fighter whenever I end up traveling on vacation. Because I always end up running into someone who asks if I'm a DJ.

Tech Guru

It must be Xsession season. That thing looks pimp.

I've been thinking of a DIY or one of these. How do you like the feel of the knobs and faders? My thoughts were to take the top off and get a custom case built for it to sit flush with an X1, I also have an old Maya44 sound card i wanted to drop in the case and have a small portable unit for boat parties, pool parties anything I don't want the S4 to get smashed at.

The paint looks great man.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300