Phono Connector

Thread: Phono Connector

Tech Wizard

Default Phono Connector

Hey,

I realise this is a digital DJ forum and my problem is not really related to digital djing itself but my mixer is usually connected to traktor scratch pro ;-)

I have recently lost sound on the left side of one of my phono channels on my Allen&Heath Xone 42. My limited diagnostic skills have led be to think that the problem is with the mixer itself (maybe just the connector?) because when i connect the turntable which is connected to that phono to the other one, it works fine and vise versa when i connect the other turntable to the phono channel in question i loose the seft side (hope that makes sense).

Any suggestions? Is there a quick fix if i open up the mixer myself? Guarantee has expired and the nearest authorised dealer is on the other side of germany.

Also I have a unrelated question. When do i know when to change the needle on my deck? Bought second hand sl1210s mk2 and when i use traktor scratch the circle made in that little window next to the decks is VERY distorted. Time to change?

Thanks for your advice guys!

the phono input is most likely soldered onto the board in the mixer.

but just replacing those inputs might not be the fix. you would need to test the signal path using a multimeter if you want to be more thorough.

other than that, you might have to call allen and heath to get it repaired and just pay out of pocket
    Last edited by Jason Cerna; 02-15-2011 at 05:17 PM.

Tech Wizard

hey jason,

thanks, ill open it up and have a look. are these inputs easily available in audio stores?

dont really wanna know how much it would cost to ship the mixer from germany to england and back ;-)
    15" Macbook Pro // Traktor Scratch Pro // Audio8 // 2x Technics SL 1210 mk2 // Allen&Heath Xone 42 // A&H Xone 1D

I would open the mixer first, then see if there's any broken solder (cold Joint) or traces around the offending input. If not, use a multimeter to confirm there's no broken pin underneath the offending connector., If there's, Or you order the right replacement, or you fix it with some jumpers.

Tech Wizard

safe, will check it out and get back to you.
    15" Macbook Pro // Traktor Scratch Pro // Audio8 // 2x Technics SL 1210 mk2 // Allen&Heath Xone 42 // A&H Xone 1D

well this is something you would have to order from an electronics parts supplier

depending on what the mount is like on the inside.

here is an example of what the connector may look like:

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...A-JACK//1.html

again, there is no way to tell until you have the mixer open. it may be single or combined with the other stereo channel.

Tech Wizard

thanks jason, wouldnt have know where to start to look ;-)

Also try to swap the input faders... if at all doable in your case.