should i wait for traktor 2? + one other question
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default should i wait for traktor 2? + one other question

I think the obvious answer is yes... i just have been saving forever to get scratch pro and an audio 8 and can afford it now, also just wondering will traktor scratch pro mappings work for traktor 2, specifically the oxygen 8 mapping.... Also I will be purchasing monitors soon, is a set of krk rokit 8's worth the extra hundred bucks compared to the krk 6's? dose anyone know if the sub is worth it?

anyone? yes definitely i should continue to put of finally mixing with controllers for 2 months until traktor 2 comes out? and i have money in my pay pal account 1000usd im trying to by monitors, whats good. I was thinking the krk 6 or 8 with a sub.. I duno i live in a remote location so getting to a store to listen to them for myself is out of the question.

Hey man,

Personally the 6s are completely fine. I don't think it's necessary to get the sub - however, I have not listened to the 6s with the sub. It could be worth while.

As for waiting for the software, it's a very very difficult question. Honestly if it were me at this point, I would pick up the free version (LE) and just mess with that until the 2s came out.

It's so damn hard for me to wait, so I know where you're coming from. But I would definitely bite the bullet on this one. Unless you can find it for like $50 or something to use till the 2s come out.

I would 100% hold off on the Audio8.

word, that clears up alot about traktor. you have any advice on a cheapy sound card i could use until i get a audio 10? I guess i wont worry about my turn tables right now, i just need a card i can connect my oxygen 8 to my laptop and start playing with it. Also the difference of price on the 6 and 8 is like 100 bucks even. then to get the 6s with a sub its like 900 usd. Do you think it might just be worth it to go 8's? The only reason i cant decide is because a review said the 8s have a good thump that the 6s dont, so if im not getting a sub i thought a lil extra bass might be nice... Over all if the 6s bump and sound good i guess thats what i'll do. for the price range im in, about 500 was guna go 1000 but im over it, 500 is enough, are the KRK rokits the best choice correct?

thanks again

fuck, i cant use oxygen 8 without traktor pro huh.... ^.^ i have an idea! cant speak of it though.

How about just the Rockit 5's? You gonna use them in a big room?

Quote Originally Posted by bedroomdj View Post
    word, that clears up alot about traktor. you have any advice on a cheapy sound card i could use until i get a audio 10? I guess i wont worry about my turn tables right now, i just need a card i can connect my oxygen 8 to my laptop and start playing with it. Also the difference of price on the 6 and 8 is like 100 bucks even. then to get the 6s with a sub its like 900 usd. Do you think it might just be worth it to go 8's? The only reason i cant decide is because a review said the 8s have a good thump that the 6s dont, so if im not getting a sub i thought a lil extra bass might be nice... Over all if the 6s bump and sound good i guess thats what i'll do. for the price range im in, about 500 was guna go 1000 but im over it, 500 is enough, are the KRK rokits the best choice correct?

thanks again
    Well I don't know if the KRK Rokits are the best choice, but I love mine. I use the 6s, and I like the bass on them. I am eating right now or i'd test it out for you once more and let you know my thoughts on it once again (which I will do for you after I am done eating anyway).

I mean if you want to be on the safe side, I have never tried out the 8s, but you could always just pick those up. Doubt you could go wrong with them. Reason I have the 6s is cause I got em for $90 a pop brand new when GC had the deal.

As for sound cards, I am not really sure as to what I would do if I were you. I personally think if I really wanted one badly i'd pick up a second hand Audio 2 for right now. However I do not know if it will fit your needs. I have never had to look into a sound card due to the fact that my S4 came with one built in and that was the first piece of equipment I ever picked up and that's where I started DJing from.

I'll let you know about the bass for sure in about 30 to 45 minutes.

for sure im a big fan of dubstep, if you have flux pavillion 'hold me close' or doctor p 'sick tonight' id love to know how it sounds.. also I would get the KRK 5's but my bedroom is bigger, and even if it were smaller i would still go with the 6's.... keep it in the red!! lol i like to bump. plus if it needs to be quite you can turn it down.... smaller speakers can only go so loud, and my speakers will probably be entertaining my friends when everyones over as well as serving as my monitors, so they need to bump, if i need them too.

Quote Originally Posted by bedroomdj View Post
    for sure im a big fan of dubstep, if you have flux pavillion 'hold me close' or doctor p 'sick tonight' id love to know how it sounds.. also I would get the KRK 5's but my bedroom is bigger, and even if it were smaller i would still go with the 6's.... keep it in the red!! lol i like to bump. plus if it needs to be quite you can turn it down.... smaller speakers can only go so loud, and my speakers will probably be entertaining my friends when everyones over as well as serving as my monitors, so they need to bump, if i need them too.
    Yeah, i'll be playing my Dubstep remix (you should check it out on my SoundCloud!) that I made / played live last week on my Rokits! You should listen to it till I am done eating :P!

Kk done listening, bass is definitely fine. I mean if you wanna go with the 8s thats fine too but the 6s are great on the bass. However this is jus my opinion.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast