Please help me understand Chris Liebing´s digital setup
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Please help me understand Chris Liebing´s digital setup

Guys,

Could you help me understand how does this setup works... I can see that he is running Traktor 3 with the Xone4d. And also another computer for effects using ableton... Is this correct? Plus what else is he doing in the second computer?

It looks really cool to be playing with 2 laptops but insn´t this a double risk also?

I assume that he is doing this so he can use cooler effects and maybe samples without overloading the laptop running Traktor. But is this really necessary?

Here are the links for a couple of videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_93VjQ-V4Y
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSHqsMq7UKo

Thanks

It indeed is one laptop with ableton with one big ass VST that covers most of the screen.
    He controls this with the UC33e controller by Evolution.

And I have to correct you on the 4d item.
    He controls the 4 decks on Traktor with a Xone:1d controller.
    Both sources are routed and than put through the Xone:92 mixer.

He uses hardware wiring/routing instead of software wiring.
    Software wiring/routing ofcourse is described on the blog of DJTechtools.

Thanks for sharing these vids by the way. Awesome to take a look at how some guys handle their stuff!

[edit]In the second vid, he is using 2 Xone:1d controllers on a Xone:92 mixer.

And as described later on a wireless mod for the UC33e? :eek:
    [/edit]
    Last edited by tekki; 12-30-2008 at 04:01 PM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Hey Tekki

Thanks for your fast reply. I will look into the software and hardware wiring concept... is kind of new for me.
    Gald you enjoy the vids, I keep watching this guys play. I really enjoy watching what digital Djs are doing, specially in the German scene. I think that Chris Liebing together with Hawtin are the best digital Djs playing today for this music style.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge

Anytime bro'!

Liebing and Hawtin have been in my frequent gig list in the past, so any insides on their setup are welcome!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Holy wow, Liebings modded the UC33e into a wireless controller? :eek:

Its hard to get a good look at what hes doing but from what i saw he is using traktor for his decks and routing into ableton on anther pc for effects.

He also has some loops in Ableton, but I cannot say anything else about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    He also has some loops in Ableton, but I cannot say anything else about that.
    Yeah the video quality isnt anything to rave on about, but he did put an alright set together.

Yups, gonna see if I can score some HD quality vids or DVDs of Liebing and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Yups, gonna see if I can score some HD quality vids or DVDs of Liebing and friends.
    If you do share - then we can decypher his setup properly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast