Jogwheels not responding on VCI-100 Arcade
    Tech Wizard

Default Jogwheels not responding on VCI-100 Arcade

Hey guys, so I got my VCI-100 Arcade edition just last week, and already I'm having a problem. When I turn it on, the Jogwheels are illuminated in red (not blue), as if the touch sensor is stuck in a constant state of being touched. They aren't responding to when I actually touch them tho, regardless of if they're in scratch mode or fader fx mode...Also, when I hit the scratch button on either deck, it stops the track thats playing on it's respective deck...What's going on? Please help!!
    Last edited by MaxRuck; 02-16-2011 at 04:11 AM.

have you changed the sensitivity with the little (fragile) knobs at the back at all?

The only thing I can think of is that being stuck in ON mode, it's not sending a midi not ON command when you touch it so it will neither activate FX in fader FX mode nor scratch, as that is the scratch on command as well.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

^^^Okay I just tried adjusing those knobs, and while I was able to adjust one of them, i noticed that the place for screw on the other one appears to be damaged or badly made somehow, as I wasn't able to fit the screw driver into it's grooves. Could this have anything to do with it?

I'm not entirely sure, I've never touched mine since they work fine as they are and I've heard about all the problems! Did moving the first one have any effect?

EDIT:

also, is it new? did you buy it from DJTT? have the jogs ever worked?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Wizard

Yeah it's brand new, bought it from DJTT, it just arrived less than a week ago. The jogs worked up until this morning, where I first encountered the aforementioned problem. Moving one of the sensitivity knobs did nothing...

Man I thought the VCIs were supposed to be tanks! I still have faith, however.
    I suppose I'll just send it back and get a new one.

Indeed, the customer service is very good!

email orders@djtechtools.com and see if they have any suggestions, if not I'm sure they'll fix/replace it for you.