keeping energy up??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default keeping energy up??

Anyone have any tips or techniques on keeping the energy level up all night? Thanks

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Amphetamine..?

just kidding. Stay In School - Dont Take Drugs.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You really don't want to keep the energy up all night but let it release on occasion so people have time to take a break and go to the bar. There's quite a few threads on this that a search will surely find.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

There is also a mix in key technique that will allow you to mix always rising the notes to provoke a feel that the mix is always going up in energy...

Search about it in this site/forum and on the google:
    Camelot wheel
    Mark Davis
    Mixed in key
    Rapid Evolution

Enjoy!

Tech Guru

Here, I found it for you. It's a sticky topic on the mixedinkey community forum:

How-To: Energy boost mixing
    http://community.mixedinkey.com/Topic.aspx?ID=1621

"How-To
    Here is how to use it: Detect the key of your current song, and pick the next song to be 1 or 2 semitones above it."

There are also a lot of good comments in this topic, read them all and learn a lot
    I'm still not mixing in key, but I want to in a near future
    Last edited by V-Hoff; 02-16-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Usually how I mix will be in intervals of 2
    so I start off at 1 key at like 128-130bpm then my next track will be in the same key but going from 130-132 then I switch to the next key this time going from 134-135 twice then from there my next key will be from 136-140bpm for 3 track then will drop to 134 then 132 usually that way there's that peak but also a chill and from there I can build it up and keep it going if I want. Also another thing is track selection I sometime go off that bpm curve for a track that like 130bpm but sounds fast.

Ah as the fellow above me mentioned the energy boost mixing thats always fun still toying with it myself, sometimes it turns out amazing then sometimes I accidentally pick a song that kills it =p need to do better sorting of my library
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Guru

I don't really think about it too much. Just play the songs that feel right at the moment and your energy through out the night will naturally flow up and down.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Personally I use the star rating system in traktor to identify intensity. From there, get it in the same bpm range and a similar key / vibe.

You'll know your tunes soon enough and then its like clockwork.

I also find introducing a 3rd deck gets things rather large, layering 2 sets of snares & hi-hats and some synth / big buildup over the outgoing bassline sounds massive, even if only working with minimal stuff.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Mentor

Wow thanks alot guys appreciate all the tips and feedback I got from everyone great stuff..

Tech Guru

dont play sexy bitch

dont play americano

in an emergency, drop higher state of consciousness by josh wink
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast