Gear Upgrade

Thread: Gear Upgrade

Default Gear Upgrade

Hey,

So the plan was to ride the spin out till new software came along. and that day is approaching real quick so ive been thinking lately. should i upgrade early?

The way i look at it is....s4 is $900 bones. ive got a few gigs/selling my spin to a friend so im pulling about $300-400 there to throw at new gear/ figured i could spare the cash and just save after. (getting new gear = more gigs in the future)

and.... s4 owners get the free tpro2 upgrade whereas id have to spend the $70 bucks then get the S4 anyways eventually down the line.

does it make sense to upgrade now? or wait?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

I have a Guitar Center Coupon that would give you 15% off the S4 at Guitar Center. I have one guys who says he might want it but if you would use it... (expires Feb 21)
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Go now - get to the chopper
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

smitten - i got one too so no worries. basically will take care of the taxes on teh thing. i got that as i was typing this post so it kinda was a sign from the gods.

im just thinking if im gonna upgrade anyways in a few months why not just do it now. how do you like yours? i may go after work on fri (my gig is sat.) only reservation is if im gonna be able to be comfortable on it come gig time (super cushy tho -- birthday party overnight where i work-- so its really not that big of a deal-- ..... 3 hrs of spinning for highschoolers (7-10)... then lifeguarding the kids staying till midnight. then just chillin getting paid till 7am -- fo sleeping/ raging with my new s4 (fingers crossed).

i mean im pretty much sold as i have a gig this weekend thats paying cash/a bit ive saved/if i can sell my spin to my buddy...+ its pay day on friday!

the perfect gear storm?

Im pretty sure i made this thread just to convince myself.

ANNNNND ....it would be even sweeter if i could get my APC midifigher mapping im working on(with the supercombos).... but it isnt going so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

I hadn't touched any digital mixing software before the S4. I hadn't used a pair of 1210's in more than 10 years. I bloody love the S4 and found it simple to do the simple stuff. There are loads of people complaining that it's not working well for them but I have concerns as to how well they prepped their machine.

If you can get it now, GET IT NOW! I would put money on you being up to speed in an evening. If you run into any issues there are plenty of Gods on here that can get you where you need to be.

DO IT. I dare you....

OT. @smittten
    "My interests include climbing, indoors only, have you seen the size of those f#cking mountains?."- S Porter

thats quality
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard View Post
    OT. @smittten
    "My interests include climbing, indoors only, have you seen the size of those f#cking mountains?."- S Porter

thats quality
    Some people quote famous people who made a difference, I prefer quoting a 36 year old IT administrator who just happens to be my friend.