Traktor Pro and Live on Mac
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor Pro and Live on Mac

Not sure if this has been covered for mac...the whole routing Traktor into Live thing but I found a good tool for Mac callled "Jack". It uses virtual audiop cables and is pretty easy to use, low latency and cpu load meter.

I have just been playing round and got each of the 4 decks in Traktor to run through individual channels in Live. I had seen Ean's write up on it but wasn't sure if it was being done on mac...

http://www.jackosx.com/
    Macbook 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Presonus Firebox, X-Session Pro, Behringer BCR2000, Technics RPDJ-1200's.

thanks for the info, ill check it out.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

i've been experimenting with the same thing, but using Soundflower on my my macbook.
    seems pretty straight forward and easy. but i havent tried anything crazy like syncing a track in traktor and one in ableton :S

Tech Mentor

It's super easy to sync the tempo for ableton to follow traktor if thats what you mean. Just set the Traktor Virtual Midi Output to active, tick send midi clock. Skip to Live Preferences, Midi Sync, Turn On Traktor Virtual Output options as Input. Go to the main window, top left you should see a flashing square next to the EXT, this means Live is receiving an external midi signal, to enable it highlight EXT. Play with the tempo in Traktor and it should translate to Live.
    Macbook 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Presonus Firebox, X-Session Pro, Behringer BCR2000, Technics RPDJ-1200's.

We metioned this on the blog a while back, Read this artcle: http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/05/1...ableton-4-mac/

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by kilbot View Post
    i've been experimenting with the same thing, but using Soundflower on my my macbook.
    seems pretty straight forward and easy. but i havent tried anything crazy like syncing a track in traktor and one in ableton :S
    Hi,

I downloaded Soundflower too but havent been able to configure it properly with Pro / Ableton.

Any ideas on how to achieve routing? I have an Audio8 soundcard..

Thx
    MacBook Pro late 2009 3.06ghz, 4GB RAM, 500gb HD @ 7200 RPM, Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 6, VCI 100, Audio 8 DJ

jgcamil - did you follow the tutorial link i gave in my last post ?

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    We metioned this on the blog a while back, Read this artcle: http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/05/1...ableton-4-mac/
    How would you do this if you were using Traktor Scratch Pro instead of Traktor 3 controlled by MIDI? I believe Traktor Scratch requires audio output be routed back into the mixer (and therefore the club) in order to work properly, but I'm not sure. Is there a way for us Traktor Scratch users to harness the same synchronization power with Traktor+Ableton?

You couldnt do this with vinyl timecode because you would be using the jackdmp driver instead of the audio8 drivers - so the "scratch" part of traktor scratch wouldnt function.

Complain to NI about having to have "authorised" soundcards - thats a good start.

Another alternative is to have ms pinky convert the vinyl timecode into a midi stream which is then used by Traktor Pro :\ Not exactly the most friendly setup in the world, but it is possible.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    jgcamil - did you follow the tutorial link i gave in my last post ?
    seems i didnt... ill give it a read!
    One thing... Jack OSX page it does not support 10.5.6.. guess Ill have to wait until they release the support version.
    MacBook Pro late 2009 3.06ghz, 4GB RAM, 500gb HD @ 7200 RPM, Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 6, VCI 100, Audio 8 DJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast