How big is the DJM-900 for Traktor and NI

View Poll Results: How important will the DJM-900 be for Traktor in the future?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Native Instruments is the big winner

22 48.89%
  • Serato won't skip a beat

2 4.44%
  • Out of price and out of mind

8 17.78%
  • Only time will tell

13 28.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How big is the DJM-900 for Traktor and NI

The DJM-900 is a traktor scratch certified mixer! This seems like a major victory for NI. What do you all think?

If this will be the new club standard, I think this will be a big win for NI. This will be like the equivalent of the Serato box which is available in most clubs, but for Traktor...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

How often does a club switch out a mixer that's not broken? For that matter, how often do they replace a mixer that is broken? It'll take some time before you start seeing these a standard installation I think.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Serato vs Traktor really is starting to feel like [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videotape_format_war[/ame] or (for our younger brethren) Blu-Ray vs HD DVD.

Until one wins (which isn't looking likely) I can't see either becoming truly truly standard
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

As far as the poll goes the guys that want to use Serato will just continue to use their cards as usual.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    How often does a club switch out a mixer that's not broken? For that matter, how often do they replace a mixer that is broken? It'll take some time before you start seeing these a standard installation I think.
    A lot of clubs in london hire their equipment. So they will ask for a new model with little extra cost.
    Next Curious People party with KYLE HALL!! Details HERE
    ----------------------------------------------
    www.curious-people.com
    Macbook Pro///Traktor Scratch Pro

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    For that matter, how often do they replace a mixer that is broken?
    exactly...! the amount of faulty gear in my local club is ludicrous! not to mention they have a room FULL of broken shit beyond repair or in need of extreme TLC. they had about 6 pairs of 1200's last time i was in there a couple of years back.. not to mention 3-4 broken denon cdj's and a few various pioneer cdjs and mixers. and random speakers and amps from previous installs.

looks sick, will be a while before i see one though im sure
    Last edited by Conall; 02-17-2011 at 09:24 AM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

NI is the winner here by a looooooong way.

The whole "Serato is the industry standard" is only a view held in America, it holds no water at all for the rest of the world.
    The whole "Pioneer is the industy standard" is true the whole world over.

People are stupid, they pat attention to this kind of crap. There will a lot people being more convinced of the NI DVS legitemacy just because of this Traktor-Pioneer hook up.

At £1,400 im not sure its gonna be my next mixer unless i can get one at Trade price but venues will hire them in as said above.

I really want a new TSP Cert mixer but unless the Xfader can be changed i wont be looking at this.

Its not ground breaking but its typical Pioneer. They are gonna start saturating the DVS/controller market with loads of models just like thay have with the CDJ market.

Anyone wanna buy a Korg Zero 4 (mint condition)

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The whole "Pioneer is the industy standard" is true the whole world over.
    But that's only for turntables (and mixers in Japan). Any video I see of a pro DJing, he's using an A&H. The big clubs in Japan anyway, at least stock an A&H Xone 92. I know at least one have it and a DJM-800... I assume they ask the DJs preference before setting it up for the night.

On that note, the small ones (which make up about 90% of the party scene here) are still using CDJ-1000's and DJM-800. Usually at least the mixer has had the shit kicked out of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast