S4 & Maschine on Same PC

Default S4 & Maschine on Same PC

I just want to check my understanding of this and if its correct.

If I want to connect my Maschine to my S4 and use both on my PC I would run a midi cable from my Maschine to my S4 and then setup up routing in each piece of software?

Now for the audio. Which I sort of tried out earlier. I've got a Fast Track Pro. So I use that for the audio of my Maschine and connect the output of the FTP to the input of my S4. When I tried this earlier I found the volume was very quiet compared to a track playing in say deck A. I tried adjusting the gain but made no differenct. I've max'd out the volume on the FTP as well. Should I have live input on deck C & D or does that not matter? I currently tried with deck D.
    CDJ2000 x 3 : DJM900 : Novation Remote SL25 : Ableton L8 : Traktor Pro 2

I don't think you need a physical midi cable, you can use virtual midi out in traktor to send to maschine.

Which input did you use? Did you turn up the volume on Maschine?

also: http://www.traktorbible.com/en/kontr...o_machine.aspx

also, there's a thread in General Discussion all about this...search for it

I used input D. The same section when the mic connects.

I've got a PC and that guide is mainly aimed at mac users. I know I can use a virtual midi software but I'm already using one for my launchpad and don't want to either install another one plus i read the pc ain't too good at keeping time so would rather use a cable, which I've just bought.

My main issue is the audio though. The volume on maschine is up. The volume on my soundcard is at max also. Just wondering if I should be using audio through on C rather than D?
    CDJ2000 x 3 : DJM900 : Novation Remote SL25 : Ableton L8 : Traktor Pro 2