cracking sound with audio 2 dj, using abletonLive through traktor

Default cracking sound with audio 2 dj, using abletonLive through traktor

hello,
    for the last 3 days i was trying to setup my laptop to work with ableton and traktor+soundplant.

my setup:

vci100 FW1.4, audio2DJ, Laptop: Acer Aspire 5930G (+Mixer just for external audio routing)
    Soundplant, Traktor, AbletonLive8
    virtual Audiokabel, Asio4All

routing:
    Traktor (virtCable)
    ------> master : virtCable1 (out)
    ------> monitor-cue: virtCable2 (out)

soundplant (virtCable)
    ------> virtCable3 (out)

Ableton (asio4All)
    //(in)
    <------ audio1 : virtCable1 / traktorMaster (in)
    <------ audio2 : virtCable2 / traktotCue (in)
    <------ audio3 : virtCable3 / soundplant (in)

//(out)
    -------> audio1+audio2 : Audio2Dj Ch A
    -------> audio3 : Audio2Dj Ch B

theoretical everything should work, imo.
    but it does not.
    i tried a lot of buffer-variation through asio4all, audio2 driver, or virtcable. even buffer of 2048 does NO change at all. it still cracks

some things i noticed.
    when i only use the master channel (audio2DJ ChA) everything works fine. if i active ChannelB the cracking starts on both. so, if i turn off ChB in asio4All it works fine.

if I move the cable from the audio2 too much is easily looses connection to my laptop, even the cable doesnt leave the socket.

and i think it said, that it should work better on usb2.0, when i installed the driver. i looked after it, and my laptop only has 2.0 ports, so why did it come up?

i appreciate any help, suggestions, or info on how you may connected your software sound-outs, with virtual audio cable, or other software.

are u usually a Traktor or Ableton guy? If you are new to Ableton it could be how you are warping stuff, every time i hear "crackling" and "ableton" i think of people warping songs on Beats as opposed to re-pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by grazz16 View Post
    are u usually a Traktor or Ableton guy? If you are new to Ableton it could be how you are warping stuff, every time i hear "crackling" and "ableton" i think of people warping songs on Beats as opposed to re-pitch.
    ya, i'm new too ableton, but for my live-setup i only try to route my traktor and soundplant outs into ableton, master them and out all combined into my audio2dj. basically i try to achieve a "virtual mixer+master(+some delay)" before it goes out my soundinterface. i dont need midi-sync right now.

warping is like beatgridding in traktor, right? so ableton does not warp live streaming input!?

i addition i think it even cracks without ableton as output (have to test that again)

i also want to use the internal mixer of traktor.All other threads i found say, that they use "external output" for their virtcables. could this be a problem? catching the "internals" via audio4all (in ableton) should do the same imo.
    Last edited by FLoer; 02-18-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Hi FLoer, Iīm having the exact same problem and have tried every thing i could think of without any luck. I tried using internal and external mixer on traktor, all kinds of sample rates and buffer sizes on ableton, traktor and soundflower and it always crackles.

Iīm getting really frustrated as i really want to use some vst fxīs like turnado and izotope stutter.

I have the same setup as you except i have a 2011 macbook pro and use soundflower instead of soundplant which i think is same thing.

If you find a solution please post it here and good luck.

You're unlikely to get anything useable with a 2 channel soundcard, and an ASIO wrapper that contains this + virtual audio cable
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    You're unlikely to get anything useable with a 2 channel soundcard, and an ASIO wrapper that contains this + virtual audio cable
    Not quite sure of what you mean by ASIO wrapper but when i use my internal MacBook Pro soundcard i donīt have any problem other than not having a Cue channel. I get sound routed from Traktor in both ways (internal/external mixer) and i use vstīs over the channels without any crackling or popping.

Itīs defo either a Audio 2 driver problem with Lion or a USB port problem. Iīm thinking of buying a powered USB hub to see if it solves the problem as the sockets on the macbook are the most stable but if the problem is the driver i think this wonīt do the trick either and iīll only be spending more money.

Not sure what to do about it. The Audio 2 drivers are the only ones out for Lion OSX so i canīt go back to older ones, and my OSX is all updated so i donīt think there are any new USB drivers for it.

Iīve seen many videos on youtube and even threads here on DJ Tech Tools saying it is doable and the problem shouldnīt be a 2 output soundcard.

Really hope someone figures out what the problem is cause itīs driving me mad.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by FLoer View Post
    hello,
    for the last 3 days i was trying to setup my laptop to work with ableton and traktor+soundplant.

my setup:

vci100 FW1.4, audio2DJ, Laptop: Acer Aspire 5930G (+Mixer just for external audio routing)
    Soundplant, Traktor, AbletonLive8
    virtual Audiokabel, Asio4All

routing:
    Traktor (virtCable)
    ------> master : virtCable1 (out)
    ------> monitor-cue: virtCable2 (out)

soundplant (virtCable)
    ------> virtCable3 (out)

Ableton (asio4All)
    //(in)
    <------ audio1 : virtCable1 / traktorMaster (in)
    <------ audio2 : virtCable2 / traktotCue (in)
    <------ audio3 : virtCable3 / soundplant (in)

//(out)
    -------> audio1+audio2 : Audio2Dj Ch A
    -------> audio3 : Audio2Dj Ch B

theoretical everything should work, imo.
    but it does not.
    i tried a lot of buffer-variation through asio4all, audio2 driver, or virtcable. even buffer of 2048 does NO change at all. it still cracks

some things i noticed.
    when i only use the master channel (audio2DJ ChA) everything works fine. if i active ChannelB the cracking starts on both. so, if i turn off ChB in asio4All it works fine.

if I move the cable from the audio2 too much is easily looses connection to my laptop, even the cable doesnt leave the socket.

and i think it said, that it should work better on usb2.0, when i installed the driver. i looked after it, and my laptop only has 2.0 ports, so why did it come up?

i appreciate any help, suggestions, or info on how you may connected your software sound-outs, with virtual audio cable, or other software.
    I Have a question to Floer. I'm using windows 7 on a SONY VAIO 64 Bit

is mandatory to use external audio routing in traktor to ableton, or i can use internal mixing with my midi controller.