Traktor S4 - Fade Out
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor S4 - Fade Out

Noob question here... I'm using Fade Out points in some songs and when the song reaches that point, the other deck plays, but the original deck continues playing too. How do I make it so the song that is playing originally stops once it reaches the Fade Out (and Deck B starts)? Is it a setting? It used to work this way but now I am forced to kill Deck A volume instead.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You have to have fade in and fade out markers set in the songs then enable fade in fade out markers in settings.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

"Activate Fade In & Fade Out Markers" is activated, and I am still having this problem. The Deck A track remains playing, when I want it to stop.

You have to click the symbol in the upper right hand corner that is between full screen and the settings symbol WHILE A DECK IS ALREADY PLAYING.
    That puts you in cruise mode and fades the songs in and out.

Now that I know that it won't fade or stop with the cruise off, I can see using this to load and start your next song at the point in the current song where you want to start mixing in automatically. Nice.

Edit:I did a little reading on this as I haven't really used this at all. This is ment to be this way. With cruise off and Activate Fade etc. checked, it is called automated playback and will only start the song in the adjacent deck, but will not load a new one or fade between the 2.
    With cruise on it will fade in and out, and load the next song in the playlist.

Thank you Traktor Bible!
    Last edited by VanGogo; 02-23-2011 at 12:14 AM.