mini.translator - URGENT CRY FOR HELP!
    Tech Wizard

Default mini.translator - URGENT CRY FOR HELP!

hi there, i am djing over NYE/NYD using my vci300 and i decided to make the switch from itch to traktor. at the club i'm playing a spacey disco set so itch is fine for that (and super stable etc) but at the afterparty i'll be playing minimal and want to mess around with FX and have some fun.....unfortunately i can't get the mini-translator to work, there doesn't seem to be any way for me to drop the vci300 preset on to the mini-translator which means half the functionality of claude's tsi is closed off and i have to use the onscreen pitch faders and transport functions....

please please please if anyone has any bright ideas let me know!!

Tech Guru

I guess it is a little late, but did you have any luck? Are you on Mac or PC?

Tech Wizard

i'm on mac - ended up just playing with itch instead - i was playing at 4pm having not been to bed since the night before so the simplicity of itch was probably a bonus! hopefully the new traktor update will come soon and i won't have this issue anyway....

Tech Guru

Hi,
    Yes, Itch is cool, tight, simple and stable.love the layered waveforms!!,but lacks the effects..Maybe soon some Ablefx?

Anyway, it is real easy to get Mini.Trans to work.
    You have the latest version? I think you just need the preset bmte?? file
    and load it and in Traktor set up the prefs in midi prefs and load the TSI file
    and it works as good as any VCI-100.

Here are some snaps of my midi in Traktor and Mini.trans.Try to set the same.

First move some knobs on the VCI and see if Mini.Trans get signal (blue light turns on in Mini.Trans)
    Last edited by claudek; 01-03-2009 at 09:55 AM.

Tech Guru

Default audio settings for Traktor and VCI-300

audio snaps

Tech Wizard

that's what i did on my friend's macbook pro when he came round the other night - the problem is that on my macbook it just doesn't recognise the btme file when i try to drop it on to the mini translator..... very strange issue.....anyway, am out the country now for a few days, hopefully this will all be resolved by the time i get back!

Tech Guru

are you using the latest version of Mini.trans.?
    Anyway, soon Traktor Pro will be 14 bit, so the need of Mini.Trans will
    be redundant.