Some buttons not sending right signals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Some buttons not sending right signals

Hey guys,
    So I used the DJtechtools blog entry about fixing the tension(from photojojo) in my VCI-100 se jog wheels. Before that, everything was working great, and I have a DIY arcade button mod. Upon using it after doing the fix the buttons 1-4 that are used as FX presets navigate my traktor library, and the slicer and delay buttons on the right hand side are not as responsive. Also, the sampler button doesn't seem to be really working either. I followed all instructions carefully, and no wires got disconnected.

HELP!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Not sure how working on the jog wheels could affect the mapping, but you might try and reload the mapping. Do it twice using the big import button, then make sure the VCI is selected in the in/out ports.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Yeah I have tried that. Things seem to be settling down a little bit, but when I press the sampler button the head phone cues do not light up, and the fx preset puttons still aren't working correctly.

Are you using the latest version of Traktor? You should be running 1.2.7

Tech Wizard

I'm using version 1.2.4. But it was working before I opened up my vci, and put it back together.

Tech Wizard

Ok I just upgrraded to 1.2.7. Now when I connect the VCI none of the arcade buttons are working or the FX presets 1-4 in traktor pro. When I connect the VCI, the data light flashes correctly when I press the arcade buttons. However, when I boot into traktor, the data signal light does not light up. Please help!

UPDATE:
    Arcade buttons seem to be working. I pulled up the controller editor, and pressed learn and the FX presets 1-4, are sending the wrong signals. They are sending signals that are the same in the DJtechtools mapping as "tree list up/down", a modifier, and "cruise mode".
    Last edited by sirtofu; 02-28-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Did you load the tsi twice using the big import button and have the in/out ports selected.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Wizard

Yes I have done this.

Tech Wizard

Just tried it on another computer, same issue. Does anybody have any idea why/how this could be happening? This is really stressing me out.

The VCI is just a dumb MIDI controller so if buttons are doing something that's a mapping issue. Are you sure you've got the right mapping loaded?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast